Keep using iPhone 3GS or new iPhone 4 on contract?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

I am sorry that I cannot tell you if it was 16kb or 32kb that he was asking about. I don't think it was "gray market" as we were in what appeared to be perfectly reputable store where I have already purchased other electronics and properly registered them. Regarding unlocking them, my understanding is it is now legal in the US to have your iphone unlocked, and it has been legal in Canada and Hong Kong?? Anyway, we thought the price at $16K was too high so we will wait until we are back in the US.

Our contract with PCCW mobile and TV/internet requires us to pay early termination fee equal to remaining months on contract.

Quote Originally Posted by lmj:
    I am sorry that I cannot tell you if it was 16kb or 32kb that he was asking about. I don't think it was "gray market" as we were in what appeared to be perfectly reputable store where I have already purchased other electronics and properly registered them. Regarding unlocking them, my understanding is it is now legal in the US to have your iphone unlocked, and it has been legal in Canada and Hong Kong?? Anyway, we thought the price at $16K was too high so we will wait until we are back in the US.

Our contract with PCCW mobile and TV/internet requires us to pay early termination fee equal to remaining months on contract.
    It was grey import, or bought through other means.

Apple prices are strictly controlled, so they can't be selling above what Apple tell them to sell (and the prices Apple tells them to sell is not what was quoted to you).

As for unlocking, you are getting confused with jailbreaking.

Iphones in HK are sold unlocked.

As for jailbreaking, that is legal in the US now, but it doesn't meant that you will void your warranty.

As for jailbreaking in HK. No-one knows, but I doubt Apple will take you to court and sue you. However, as with the US, it will void your warranty.