GSM Phones

Closed Thread

GSM Phones

I am from Canada, and I am going to Hong Kong this December. I want to buy a good GSM phone, like the Sony Ericsson Walkman series. I checked the Fortress websites, but it seems quite expensive. Nokia N91 is about $700 Canadian, and somebody I know distantly got it for about $600 Canadian (quite a difference). Could anyone please tell me good places in Central to buy phones cheap (including websites, if possible? I
    will be in Central mainly, but I may also go to Causeway Bay (close on MTR, I believe). Please!!!

In Central, you can buy phone in Citicall in Queen Victoria Street.

In CWB, you can buy in Broadway, Citicall, Fortress, Wilson Communications, even Nokia Flagship Store or Sony Ericsson Shop too.....

Nokia Flagship Store, opposite to Times Square,

Nokia Flagship Store
    38 Russell Street
    Causeway Bay, Hong Kong.
    Sales: 2154 3818
    Business Hours: 10:30 am - 10:30 pm (Mon to Sun)

for nokia phone, there should be a "nokia care" label, shows the expiry date.

Except you buy from Nokia Shop, all phones should labelled
    "HKC" or "MC Founder", the appointed Agents in Hong Kong.

for Sony Ericsson, the Agent in hong kong is Beverley Pacific.
    so there should be a label on the phone too..

the sony Ericsson shop is located in Percival Street, not far away from Time Square.

Where can I go for less newer phones at pretty cheap/decent prices, because I just checked the Fortress website and all the cell phones there seem fairly top of the line. The one I want came out maybe in May 06 or so?

^ hey, i bought my sony ericsson w700 from easytone located in fortress hill.
    it's kinda next to smartone and olympus plaza.

it's very reliable, unlike the sin tat arcade located in mongkok where they cheat you (from what i heard).
    because rent in fortress hill/north point is not very expensive, mobile phones are generally cheaper.

i bought my w700 two weeks ago for $2000hkd (with warranty).
    this is the approximate prices if u plan to buy it without warranty in fortress hill.
    k750 costs $1700 (includes 64mb)(without warranty)
    k610 costs $1800 (includes 64mb)(without warranty)
    w700 costs $1800 (includes 256mb)(without warranty)

thanks, I'll mark down that place as the first place I check (since I'll be around there anyway)