mobile phone again

Closed Thread

mobile phone again

hi jay and guys...

3G mobile phone question again.

was speaking to the shop keeper in singapore and it basically boils down to two 3G phone model.

Nokia one, think its N6280 (or something of that sort) with no 3G camera.
    Ericsson one, Ksomethingi. 8-P

prices are around 430~460SGD, 2k~2.2k HKD.

question is, does Ericsson phones still have that habit of slowing down when you key in more alphabets in an sms. I used to use a T610 or something of that sort that slows down once u keyed in like 50 alphabets or so into the sms.

Freeier,

If it's the Nokia 6280 it has a 2mp camera on the back and a vga camera on the front for video calling. It's a slide phone. The only Nokia 3G phone I can recall from memory that did not have a camera for video calling was the old 6630.

The Sony Ericsson one is possibly the K610i which has 2mp camera and a vga camera for video calling. No problems with slowing down with sms writing, and I'm a 2 handed writer so type quick. Even 2 or 3 pages sms aren't a problem.

Prices are pretty similar to HK.

thanks jaykay. can we crown u the board mobile expert. 8-)

is the old 6630 good ? my idea is to have a 3G phone with no perks. going to use it as a 2G anyway

Last edited by freeier; 19-09-2006 at 09:51 AM.

hehehe, thanks freeier!

Actually I am going to correct myself. I have just re-read some of my own spec sheets and have found the Nokia you mentioned! Sometimes my memory isn't that good! It's actually the Nokia 6233 which has a 2mp camera but no vga camera for video calling. 3G capable supporting WCDMA 2100Mhz so useable in Japan and tri band GSM. Series 40 user interface so much quicker than the Symbian based phones.