3G Mobile phones

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

So which is a better network to get on?

Quote Originally Posted by sunniefaith:
    So which is a better network to get on?
    Hmm a questions I am trying to answer! I'm running the 3 top 3G networks at the moment trying to get a definitive answer, 3, Voda and CSL. Very little between them in all honesty and certainly not the problems that others seem to have had here - which are sometimes emotive and not based on fact. I'd say base your choice on the deal you can get, there is so little difference now at the top end of the market.

3G is a better network to get on. The 2100 network (3G) is is higher frequency than the 1800(2G) or 900(2G) network provided in HK. Just in rural places or tunnels will you go back to 2G.

If you want better reception i heard csl is the best right now.

Last edited by takeanu; 16-10-2006 at 11:19 AM.

Red face

So in other words, there's no difference between anyone of the 3G networks? 3, Voda and CSL are basically offering the same stuff?

Sounds to me that Sunnie is buying on a budget. 3G is not the cheapest option. 2G phones have, in general, better functions than 3G phones. Case in point the PCCW mobile trial earlier this year provided me with a 3G unit that was incompatible with MS Outlook and would truncate contact information. My three year old 2G Siemens is better equipped than that piece of 3G dog poo-poo. If anyone knows of any unlimited 3G data plans for under HKD128 AND do not require the purchase of expensive HSDPA cards let me know.

discobay, you're right! Poor teacher has to buy on a budget....So i'm still very torn between the 2G or 3G network....I'm spending way too much on the prepaid cards...

3G phones have more functions than 2G phone. Exp. Nokia N series. SE k800. Better camera, wifi, mp3, 640x480 videos etc. Nokia E61 has all the features with pdf, excel, word, ppt, zip, msn messanger, 3D games, virus scan. Everything. Not to mention the 3k4kbs i'm getting for emails and surfing the internet. Also the best mobile web browers around.

Last edited by takeanu; 16-10-2006 at 11:37 AM.

I'm going to do a Google on Nokia E61. Was going to get the MotoMing...but will look at the Nokia E61 and maybe i might change my mind

Sunnie Faith if you want to google just look at

http://www.gsmarena.com/

they have the feature of comparing phones, reviews and information.

WM5 has all of that. The E61 is plagued with a host of design problems. Read some of the reviews and you'll see.