BlackBerry Screen Repair

Closed Thread

Question BlackBerry Screen Repair

I dropped mine and the screen is blacked out. Where can I get this replaced? I have confirmed that it still works. I could even replace the screen myself but where can I get one?
    Thanks.

yaicks that sucks... which unit is it? i'm wondeirng if the mobile provider or was it a shop where you got it from knows a repair centre here?

------

edit: saw this on the blackberry site

Please note: The above service programs cover BlackBerry handhelds that have been purchased directly from RIM. For BlackBerry handhelds purchased through a BlackBerry carrier/reseller, you will need to contact the appropriate carrier or reseller for return and repair service.

------
    so if you got it from csl or smartone, it looks like you gotta ask them. i think i've seen a few LCD's on ebay too.

Afraid it's beyond warranty. Haven't had any luck finding 7230 screens on eBay yet.

Quote Originally Posted by discobay:
    Afraid it's beyond warranty. Haven't had any luck finding 7230 screens on eBay yet.
    i'm pretty sure they'd still repair it... although of course you have to pay if it's out of warranty

I had one replaced by csl1010 4 mos ago for 1100.00 in Central. Took one day.

I can a nearly new one for 800 from eBay. Even stranger is that I can get a replacement LCD screen for 600 - bargain!

Yeah but people like me don't know how to change one even if we buy a cheaper one.

screen replace FOC

Disco,
    Do you have home contents insurance ?

It should be covered on that. Damage to appliances or the like.
    Then you can get it done with whomever and get your money ( less any excess you have on the policy ) back.

Regards

Boris, unfortunately no insurance company will insure mobile phones or pdas with mobile phone functionality. I found this out with great dismay and disappointment myself.

Insurance

Disco
    Makes you want to look for the time machine option to buy that overpriced and " uneccesary? " phone insurance they offer you when you buy the thing.
    Stable Door and Horse springs to mind.
    Regrets
    Boris