Unlimited Data plans - 3G or 2G

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Unlimited Data plans - 3G or 2G

As far as I'm aware, the only unlimited data deal around town is the one from Peoples Phone.

Anyone else heard of any unlimited data deals?

Seriously contemplating moving my email to a mobile device - but given that I have over 500 messages a day to deal with the costs are just not justifiable with the current plans.

The Nokia E61 looks like the device of choice.

KIA.. I have quite a few questions along similar lines, I will be posting them here?

I thought the Wi-fi services were fixed monthly with no data caps. One would be limited by hotspot locations though. What am I missing ?

CSL Wi-Fi Service

Service introduction
    Service Plan

Monthly Fee (Unlimited Usage) $65
    Pay As You Go $3 per 10 minutes*
    Monthly fee for 1O1O/One2Free customers with subscription of Mobile Multimedia Service Package [$49 / 1,000 C(Credit) or above] is $50.
    * Charges are calculated in 10-minute intervals. For example, 12 minutes of usage will be charged $6.

Quote Originally Posted by KnowItAll:
    As far as I'm aware, the only unlimited data deal around town is the one from Peoples Phone.

Anyone else heard of any unlimited data deals?
    Sunday also offer unlimited data for the same price but Peoples has more sweetners.

Definately go with Peoples if your device supports EDGE. Sunday does not offer this. Bear in mind that neither network allows voice calls to interrupt a data transmission. If you are likely to be sending or retrieving data most of the time then incoming calls will divert. That's Hong Kong for you.

If I do get another device, it will be an always on "for email only" ... having read your previous posts.

One more question -- does people's do data only plans or do they need you to be a voice subscriber?

You can sign up to the data-only service plans. The unlimited is $128 and to this you need to add $12 for the tunnel. This comes with 100 minutes of voice which can be handy.

RIght now i'm using 3 for wireless data. It's unlimited and i can download anything, even bt. i'm caping around 384kbs =around 48Kbs. it's 488 dollars and i get a free merlin card with it on a one year contract.

I'm using this plan with my nokia n61 to check emails, msn and view office. I have it recieving emails every 30mins. I can't be happier and the reception is very good.

Kbps=kilo bits per second
    KBps=kilo bytes per second
    Sorry but it was just begging to be corrected :-)

yes that is what i mean
    384kbps = around 48KBps. (didn't put capitals in the front)

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast