Forwarding Calls?

Closed Thread

Forwarding Calls?

I never had to do this with Sunday because I had the 2-in-1 Sim card for China and HK.

Now I switched to CSL-1010...and have the following question:

I know my phone has an option to forward calls to a different phone number, but how does this work?

1. Can i program it to forward my HK number calls to my China number?
    2. Will this cost me? or will it be like a local call while in China?
    3. Will it cost the person calling me? or will it be like a local call for them?

From what I understand, you can't forward calls to an international number... What you'll have to do is to talk to one of the long distance carriers (like those 0060 or 0080 or 1666 service) and they usually have that service available... It works out to be pretty cheap too, and you'll be responsible for the toll charges. I think you can opt to have a Hong Kong ring sound even when your call is forwarded to a China number (stealth roaming) so your caller won't know that you're away.

That's simply not true - I have forwarded my 1010 mobile to overseas numbers on a couple of occasions.

Last edited by PDLM; 22-11-2006 at 05:50 PM.

yeah...i talked to them on phone today....

CSL said it will cost 3.40 per minute if forwarded to a china number

i was told there are 3rd party companies that if you bring them a china sim and a HK sim.....they will make it a 2-in-1 sim card

anyone know of a company like this?

Oh, I guess you CAN directly forward it then... But geez $3.4/min to China? It should be something like $0.15/min...

Many 3rd party IDD services have call forwarding facility at the same rate as a IDD call to china. CSL probably hits you with the 001 rate. Check out CTI, new world, hutchinsonglobal etc.

As a rule of thumb, you should aim to get a deal which charges abt 5% of the 001 rate..

Quote Originally Posted by mattstewart:
    I never had to do this with Sunday because I had the 2-in-1 Sim card for China and HK.

Now I switched to CSL-1010...and have the following question:

I know my phone has an option to forward calls to a different phone number, but how does this work?

1. Can i program it to forward my HK number calls to my China number?
    2. Will this cost me? or will it be like a local call while in China?
    3. Will it cost the person calling me? or will it be like a local call for them?

The dual sim card you were talking about, does anyone know where in HK which shop will fit one in for me ? I bought quite a few of them from the internet and tried to fit it by myself, however either they didn't work or I damaged my sim card by cutting it too much.........