Do you pay to recieve calls in Hong Kong

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

You are right of course, I should have put and/or about the voice and SMS thing.

But I have never heard of a market using RPP in Europe or any other market other than the ones I mentioned.....do you know what the others are?

Quote Originally Posted by HKChigger:
    Uhhh I don't think anyone in HK gets billed to receive SMS. I know for a fact in Canada they don't bill to receive SMS. I know the US does. Not sure about Singapore and China.

I am pretty sure only parts of Europe and maybe a few other random places don't charge for inbound calls.
    Such a shame that Australia is now considered to be a "random place".... how we have fallen in world esteem!

Didn't realise about the other countries though - until now I've always had company phones...

Hey guys,

If I pay Hk$0.12 per minute to call a local phone, am I charged the same rate for receiving calls using a prepaid sim? Or is there a different rate?

Do PCCW landline subscribers receiving incoming mobile phone calls also get charged for these calls?

When incoming calls are diverted to a free voicemail that comes w/ the prepaid sim then am I right to assume there are no charges to such calls?

Thanks for your answers!

calling from mobiles

Hong Kong has very cheap rates for calling and receiving calls to from mobiles. Calling a mobile from a land line costs nothing as does receiving a call on a land line from a mobile.

These other places like UK and Europe have calling party pays the receiving party pays nothing. However, the cost of both ends of the call are paid by the caller and it can be prohibitively expensive to call a mobile - like 50p minute (HK$7.5 at todays exch rate) in the UK. If you are on the same network its much less maybe 5p - which is still way more than in Hong Kong.

Moving a number from one network to another is very easy - but you do need to have a post-paid SIM... There are no contracts either usually, that is, no requirement to subscribe for a period.

Overall the airtime charges (like HK) is the most simple and thus cheapest system to implement. Beats rip-off UK anyday.

z

Quote Originally Posted by barok5:
    Hey guys,

If I pay Hk$0.12 per minute to call a local phone, am I charged the same rate for receiving calls using a prepaid sim? Or is there a different rate?

Same rate in and out calls.

Do PCCW landline subscribers receiving incoming mobile phone calls also get charged for these calls?

No, landlines have unlimited minutes.

When incoming calls are diverted to a free voicemail that comes w/ the prepaid sim then am I right to assume there are no charges to such calls?

Unless you are overseas that is generally true.

Thanks for your answers!
    Answers are above, hope it helps.

Thanks HKChigger!

No problem, hope that answers all your questions.

Quote Originally Posted by HKChigger:

Mexico really has it stuck to them! They get charged LD when a LD calls from another country comes IN!
    That explains something...

Not for nothing is the guy who owns America Movil the 3rd richest in the world...

no idea

in australia? 100hk is very little, but general that would mean $30 plan, ceertain times of the day, you would get free phone calls to any network, free sms during the day, 1 seconds 1 cent, the list goes on,

hi

just going to revive this thread to get some clarification on a few points.

now, if someone from hong kong was going to call me on my hk mobile, i would be charged, right? however these minutes would come out of inclusive minutes, right?

now, what is the situation if someone from abroad was to call me on my hk mobile? would i have to pay any international rates or would it just come out of my inclusive minutes!

i would naturally ask csl, but not the easiest trying to get a conclusive answer out of them!