Dell Streak?

Closed Thread

Dell Streak?

Looking to buy Dell Streak - a phone cum mini tablet.
    Any opinions / feedback and positives/negatives?
    Any users here?

All advice much appreciated!

AT&T no longer has them available on their site and TMo was supposed to carry them too, but never did. They look interesting to me, but something must have not been so successful about the product.

Out of stock, they have only been shipping the smaller model.

But they don't even list it. Usually if it's out of stock, wouldn't it still be shown on the site? Perhaps with an option for a sign up list or notification when they're shipping again? When I looked at the main AT&T site, the only Dell product I could find was the Inspiron. I sent off a quick email to a buddy of mine back in Savannah, and he swears he only saw a handful at the local AT&T store early on, and then nothing. Don't get me wrong, The Streak with the pending (?) 2.2 upgrade sounds like a winner to me, but I'm getting a strange vibe. Possibly just my usual pessimistic outlook taking control...

Did you buy this? I just bought mine on contract from Three HK. Did you have to upgrade to 2.2 or is it already preinstalled?

Bought it a while ago, not on 2.2 and I don know how to get it either! Might drop by SSP & see if someone can do it for me.
    How about yours?

mine came with 2.1 but i bought it after reading about the performance boost when upgraded to 2.2. did you buy a standalone phone or with contract? because all new streaks bought in HKG this month will be preinstalled with 2.2, and my new contract sim doesn't activate until next month when my old sim expires. so i imagined i would be able to go to system update in settings and upgrade to 2.2 when my new sim is activated.

Have you tried the system update yet? what do you see? with my old sim i am directed to a website with errors but i wasn't sure if this was because i wasn't using the contracted sim and the phone is linked to it. because i read in dell support that the upgrades will be released to contract phones and it will check the network provider.

i am desperate for 2.2 because it is so much better! my other phone (HTC) has 2.2 and it is quicker, less lags, and battery lasts longer.

Quote Originally Posted by malc:
    mine came with 2.1 but i bought it after reading about the performance boost when upgraded to 2.2. did you buy a standalone phone or with contract? because all new streaks bought in HKG this month will be preinstalled with 2.2, and my new contract sim doesn't activate until next month when my old sim expires. so i imagined i would be able to go to system update in settings and upgrade to 2.2 when my new sim is activated.

Have you tried the system update yet? what do you see? with my old sim i am directed to a website with errors but i wasn't sure if this was because i wasn't using the contracted sim and the phone is linked to it. because i read in dell support that the upgrades will be released to contract phones and it will check the network provider.

i am desperate for 2.2 because it is so much better! my other phone (HTC) has 2.2 and it is quicker, less lags, and battery lasts longer.
    Yes I have finally managed to upgrade it to 2.2 with help from xda forums.
    PM me if you want the tutorial.

wow, i had looked at the forums for XDA previously but it looked a bit tricky to be honest. anyway, i just called Dell HK/Kinghill and they told me to take it to their office for the official upgrade. so i think i will try this first although i have read that the 'unofficial' update is even better.