Like Tree4Likes

Does Apple HK directly sell iPhone 4 anymore?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Does Apple HK directly sell iPhone 4 anymore?

I'll be visiting HK in the next week or so. I just went to the Apple HK website and it says that iPhone4 is currently unavailable to purchase. Does this mean I cannot buy from Apple directly anymore?

Do I have to buy from some computer/cellphone shop instead? Do I have to line up at a store early morning to try and get one or is there some supply available? What's the going rate for a 16gb or 32gb nowadays?

Thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by muzzdang:
    I have a 16gb, and I'll willing to sell it for HKD6200. PM if interested.
    A perfect example of what you can expect if you find one in a store... But hey, if people are stupid enough to pay more than retail because they can't wait for their little toy, so be it!

I saw a reasonably solid report a few days back which said that since they did have a restricted supply they were shipping to 3, Smartone and CSL by preference and temporarily not selling them direct...

hayzen likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by gilleshk:
    A perfect example of what you can expect if you find one in a store... But hey, if people are stupid enough to pay more than retail because they can't wait for their little toy, so be it!
    I have no problem waiting but Apple HK doesn't even have a estimated time for shipping unlike some other countries, so, who knows when it'll be in stock again.

In the meantime, are people lining up in the morning at some stores for a chance at buying it? Or are they all buying it at marked up prices ranging from 6,000 to 8,000hkd?

As far as I know they are few and far between and all marked up except if you buy into a plan...

Paying close to 1000US for a toy that hardly does any more than others half the price is madness but what is there to say in a city where women will pay three times that for a hand bag with a logo...

This is the world we live in...

I had no idea they are still in short supply. I walked into a 3HK shop last Saturday and walked out with an iphone. Of course, I had to buy into a 2 year plan.

hayzen likes this.

Personally I would never spend that much money on a phone but I do need to buy one for a friend of mine who is overseas and I said I would get one for him.

I called up the apple online store they are sold out and have no idea when they will get their next batch of Iphones nor can they reserve or accept payment now.

The only thing I got outta them was that 22 Oct 10 was the last time they got stock. I asked to speak to the manager/supervisor cause I didn't want to be that rude tot he call center the lady. They don't have one there!

I find Apple to be fxxxing lame! What does it take to get your stock over to HKG?

I want an Iphone Damn it! (even thou its not for me and I aint paying more than retail price)

Which country are they in? They are only restricting sales in HK because of the grey resale market. Other markets have the phone available with a 1 week lead time.

bak875 likes this.

really....Pakistan, but we don't have authorized Apple retail dealers there. And at the independent phone shops you'll be paying a lot more.

I don't get what you mean by "grey resale market" Today one of the shops in Wanchai computer center said HKD 6500 for Iphone 4 (16GB) - thats 30% over

anyone familiar with US eye-phones?

a. do they come unlocked ?
    b. where are they made ?
    c. approximate price without contract
    d. supply available ?

thanks

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast