Blackberry second email account?

Question Blackberry second email account?

Hi

Don't know if this is possible, but will give it a go to see if anyone can help me.

Basically work has given me a blackberry (grr). Its set up with Enterprise Server, etc. It seems I have full data access (for example I'm able to download and use Yahoo Messenger).

I want to be able to set up my Yahoo email. I know multiple email accounts are possible to be set up, but how do I do it??

BTW work won't give me the password for which they used to set up my work account on the Blackberry.

Thanks!!

I believe that the password is for the BWC and it is through that that you manage your email accounts. Without it you're stuck unless you can convince your mobile phone service provider to do it for you.
    You could just use the web browser to get to your yahoo account.

the last time I configured a customer with blackberry a year ago or so, it was a crock of shit. I know things have improved and have better imap integration.

Anyway back then what you want could be achieved by setting the forwarding of all your email accounts to go to your blackberry email address. So inbound it is no problem. For outbound on the web interface you can configure/define multiple sender addresses.

Hi

Thanks for the information, sounds quite complicated though (sorry am a complete novice to Blackberry!)

Quote Originally Posted by pin:
    Hi

Thanks for the information, sounds quite complicated though (sorry am a complete novice to Blackberry!)
    We have a few hundred users using them without problems but I am no expert in these. Most of our customers set themselves up so I rarely get to see the handset.

Log on to the web interface provided by your telephone company and configure it there. If they don't provide the method of pulling email from multiple accounts you can use forwarding if your mail service supports that.

On our service we allow users set rules as to what is forwarded to their black berry. Some users also configure themselves so that spam is moved into a folder and not downloaded to the blackberry and save $'s, specially when roaming.

According to our users Blackberry's can now store your outgoing email on the "Sent" folder on the server if you are using IMAP.
    Last edited by hk.com; 14-02-2007 at 01:09 PM.

Thanks. However my IT dept isn't the best in the world! I finally found where to set up BIS with my provider (CSL), however I tried registering however I keep on getting an error message when trying to set my username and password.