iPhone 4 16GB for $3999 in Time Square

Closed Thread

iPhone 4 16GB for $3999 in Time Square

One of my cousins from Europe insists that he saw an iPhone 4 16GB in a shop in Time Square a couple of weeks ago. What the heck did he see, or is the price really around that level right now?

He was here as a tourist and now he asked me to buy a couple of them for him

There are no miracles to be had, when it's too good to be true, there's always a reason. You can't even buy an iPhone 4 from Apple at the moment and it's been like this for months. Even if you could, it's priced at $4999. As mentioned, when shops have them, they sell for more than 6K and they go quickly...

As mentioned above, the only way to get a significantly lower price than advertised is to buy it from a Telecom service provider on a 24 month contract... Anything else and you're likely looking at some kind of swindle.

Thanks. That's what I thought and what I told my cousin. It's a bit difficult to explain to somebody from the old continent with not a lot of city or global knowledge. I'll tell him to buy a flight ticket and come see for himself if he keeps bugging me about it