Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By PDLM

Prepaid Hong Kong simcard that allows voip?

Closed Thread

Prepaid Hong Kong simcard that allows voip?

I'm going to be in Hong Kong for three weeks and was wondering what networks allow voip? I was told by a friend that one2free and 3 do not support voip but i could not find any information concerning this on their websites.
    I am looking for a prepaid sim that has a lot (or unlimited) data and inexpensive calls/sms back to Australia. The data is my main concern as i would prefer to call back home using Skype.

For the price of an unlimited data plan (let's say $300 per month) you could buy about an hour of normal phone calls to Australia each and every day of that month. Are you really going to spend more than an hour on the phone every single day?

Have a look here:

Prepaid mobile data options in Hong Kong - browngeek's posterous

Your best best would probably be to pick up one of the 3HK sims.

Forgot to add 3HK will support Voip.

Last edited by pin; 05-01-2011 at 12:08 PM.

You are much better to sign up with one of the cheap international call operators here in HK. You can make such calls direct from a mobile with no additional charges (just within your airtime limit). Try ITD1529 for starters.

Quote Originally Posted by MovingIn07:
    You are much better to sign up with one of the cheap international call operators here in HK. You can make such calls direct from a mobile with no additional charges (just within your airtime limit). Try ITD1529 for starters.
    Or even IDT1529
    MovingIn07 likes this.