Like Tree1Likes

White iPhone 4s in mongkok, wan chai?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

White iPhone 4s in mongkok, wan chai?

It's been a while since I've checked here, so I apologize if this is a repeat...

Are there white iPhone 4s for sale in mongkok or the wan chai computer center?

I bought my black one in mongkok a long time ago. Curious if they have white ones now days. A friend of mine who lives in Thailand is asking me to bring her one. Price isn't a huge concern.

Thanks.

Opps.

A more refined google search answered my question: Spring of 2011!!!

(can't figure out how to edit original post via my iPhone browser)
    Posted via Mobile Device

Yes, you can find white iphones in sin tat, they are a bit rare though. (and won't carry the official warranty)

Alternately buy a black iphone and have a shop switch it to white for you. (make sure they have all the parts ie: white headphone jack and dock connector)

The world is coming to an end.

Where's sin tat?

Is that a shop in the Argyle Rd cell phone "mall" in mongkok?
    Posted via Mobile Device

Quote Originally Posted by skypine27:
    Where's sin tat?

Is that a shop in the Argyle Rd cell phone "mall" in mongkok?
    Posted via Mobile Device
    You answered your own question mate. If you feel the price is too high or they have sold out let me know, I know someone who has the conversion parts.

There was a couple of articles about white cases being available in Australia and US, there might be retrofit cases also available in the markets. Ask around in Mong Kok.

Im heading up there after lunch today, will report back if I'm able to find white ones, what firmware they come with, and the prices...

Later.

Update:

Just checked it out.

In short, there are NO white iphone 4's from Apple yet. Google "white iphone 4 release date" and you will find that apple is not even releasing them until June or July of this year.

Any white iphone 4s for sale (they did have them in Mongkok) are actually black ones that have been taken apart locally and had white casings put on them. I handled a few of them in one hand and my factory iphone 4 (black) in my other hand, and the "hong kong remodeled" white ones felt cheap and flimsy in comparison.

Have to wait until summer if you want a "real" (IE, apple-made) white iphone 4.

Yes... I can only hope the world stays intact until the magic white iphone is available... I don't know what to do with myself until I get one.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast