iPhone 4 --- Unlocking Problem?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

iPhone 4 --- Unlocking Problem?

Hi all,

Does anyone know how to go about unlocking iPhone 4?

I know HK sells unlocked iphones but what if you had an iphone that's locked to a carrier, how can it be unlocked??

Ideas, anyone?

Look at the dev-team blog here. Dev-Team Blog

As a first step, do not upgrade your iphone software, as you may have to wait for a new unlock. You first have to jailbreak your phone, and then using the installer software Cydia or similar install a small piece of software that unlocks the phone.

dev-team blog is a great source to read if you understand or want to learn more about whats going on...
    but if you just wanted quick access to the jailbreak and unlock guides...go here:

JailBreak Wizard
    Unlock Wizard

Thanks guys for the info... i had a look through those websites before..

Do you know if this would be applicable even if the iphone was from UK since it's locked with vodafone.

I know that UK has services that can get your phone unlocked but it takes a while and don't wanna go through the hassle.

Have you still got your vodafone sim card from the UK?

Yup it's with the phone, not taking it out since won't be able to use it with any HK carrier just yet.

Then you should be fine doing the jailbreak. I unlocked an old o2 iphone 3G a number of times. You need the old UK sim though in order to reactivate the phone after reinstalling the jailbroken operating system. Also don't update the iphone software or itunes after you have done the unlock.

You normally don't need original sim card.
    Also.... Doesn't matter where you bought phone or which carrier had/want.

Those links I gave only depend on model of idevice, and version of iOS.

OK... thanks guys for your input.

Phone 4 --- Unlocking Problem? II part

Does anyone know how to go about unlocking iPhone 4 when the iphone software was already upgraded? I'm desperated!
    Thanks!

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast