Like Tree1Likes

China Mobile Blackberry Plan

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

China Mobile Blackberry Plan

Guys,
    A quick question.
    Is anyone using China Mobile's $68 Blackberry Data plan?

Im keen to get the new Blackberry Torch and
    im unsure which plan to go for.

Any advise on CM and thoughts on the Torch in general would be
    much appreciated.
    Regards.

If you need it only for email its a real good deal. One of the guys at work is using it with a 9700.

dermotp likes this.

i'm using the $68 talk and data plan on my Nokia E5 and i find reception is ok but the speed for surfing is very slow compared to 3g networks but this is to be expected. For email, i have 2 phones and when they are both receiving the same email, the 3g phone receives the mail 1 second faster than the China Mobile which is no biggie. So for the price it is really good value.

Quote Originally Posted by malc:
    i'm using the $68 talk and data plan on my Nokia E5 and i find reception is ok but the speed for surfing is very slow compared to 3g networks but this is to be expected. For email, i have 2 phones and when they are both receiving the same email, the 3g phone receives the mail 1 second faster than the China Mobile which is no biggie. So for the price it is really good value.
    I thought the $68 was only for data and did not include browsing.

Unfortunately, for blackberry, that's all you get. For other phones its talk, data and web for $68 at China mobile even though its the same network.
    Posted via Mobile Device

So if i get the $68 plan for a Blackberry, i need to get their $98 plan for unlimited browsing on top of it?
    A bit ridiculous.

Considering we payed more like 800 for just emai for a while (i had to fight tooth and nail to get our unlimited data put back into this after an issue with STV) I'd say this china mobile thing is worth a look. Who needs high speeds for email anyway? Mostly bb emails are just short and I never download attachments because the screen is too small to see them properly.

Quote Originally Posted by dermotp:
    So if i get the $68 plan for a Blackberry, i need to get their $98 plan for unlimited browsing on top of it?
    A bit ridiculous.
    They have another plan for $168 which is BB + unlimited 2G Edge Data which is rather slow for browsing.

The guy at work mainly used his for email and aim so he has the $68 plan. It let you use email, BBM, MSN, Google messenger, Yahoo but he went ahead and installed Aim and it works fine.

Quote Originally Posted by dermotp:
    A bit ridiculous.
    Blackberry plans are always more expensive, this is because all messages go via the RIM servers. If you don't want BB service, then you can get the $98 (+$12 admin fee) plan.

Quote Originally Posted by pin:
    Blackberry plans are always more expensive, this is because all messages go via the RIM servers. If you don't want BB service, then you can get the $98 (+$12 admin fee) plan.
    Will email still work without the BB service? Obviously it wont push any more.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast