Another iPhone 4 Question

Closed Thread

Post Another iPhone 4 Question

Hi,

I have seen a few shops in TST sell the iphone 4, after wandering about a few shops i finally found one guy who was willing to sell it for 5.5K HKD. This to me seems reasonable since the phone is not available directly from apple. The store guy also said it has 1 year international warranty from apple direct. The question i have is can i take his word for it?

what happens if i buy the phone and there is something wrong with it apple says no to the warranty? Secondly, how do i know if the phone i am buying is new and legitimate rather than a nicely packed refurbished one? Any thoughts on this? I really want to buy one but these questions are holding me back.Also, what is the difference in the HK models and the ones imported from UK? How does it impact the warranty etc?

What are the other ways one get an iphone without a contract? I could get one on contract but the fact is that I am in HK only for a few months so there will be a hefty contract breakage price if go this route.

Any help would be appreciated.Thanks in Advance.

Buyer beware and be prepared for the risk

Basic logic applies (if it sounds too good to be true, there is a high chance it is)....

All Apple products have a worldwide warranty EXCEPT iPhones.

Check page 4 of the iPhone 4 warranty.

Apple - Legal