Top Smartphone Apps (Nokia E61)

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

I just joined the Nokia E61i club! What's the best site to find software for it? I haven't come across MSN or Skype anywhere. Has anyone managed to get this to sync with a Mac?

Also, what are the best small-screen friendly news sites?

Last edited by grandcider; 26-08-2007 at 06:32 PM.

GC : http://www.intomobile.com/2006/10/31...messenger.html

Also, google around .. there was an MSN client released by the guys in MSN Beijing .. I have it, if you cant find it, drop me a note on [email protected] and I'd be happy to mail you a copy.

i'm using IM+ (IM client for msn / aol / ichat / yahoo / icq / etc) for my E90. I just love it.

TallDude : does it stick around as a background app? I cant get the MSN app to stay alive and ticking on the phone if I switch to something else.

yup it does

Downloaded / trialing it. Have a feeling I'll be buying this one.

well don't... don't but it.

Firstly if you compare it Slick from Lonelycatgames.com it is crap.

Secondly all the IM's clients that run the IM protocols in native mode have all this chatter going on that keep using the GPRS modem chewing out your battery. The native IM protocols (MSN/ICQ etc) are not at all fault tolerant and can't deal with all the issues of crap coverage, phone calls coming in that a mobile has to deal with. So you spend most of your time logging in and transferring the same data over and over which kills your battery further.

Whilst some of my mate knock it because your Instant Messages are going through their servers and they can sniff everything, so far Fring is the killer IM service. You can run it non-stop for a whole day and still have battery left. Also can make VOIP calls to other fring users or MSN/ICQ voice enabled users.

Last edited by hk.com; 03-04-2008 at 09:26 AM.

hk.com - I ended up dumping it .. the battery drain was just too severe, even with the phone configured for just 2G.

So what do you have now KIA?

I meant I dumped the MSN / IM software. Still on an E61 and I don't see it being replaced any time in the near future unless Nokia comes out with something better with the same form factor.