Feedback on 3 network?

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Never had a problem with 3 and their customer service has been good. Tried all the HK carriers now and 3 are no worse than any of the others, although I have only used it on a 3G handset so maybe that is why.

I find that people that most people that "I don't have problems with 3" are using just a few hundred minutes per month and are obviously less likely to have problems. It is not just me, my g/f also has experiences exactly the same line drops until we switched.

If the problem was my phone I would be dropping the line on peoples also, but it is not.

Quote Originally Posted by hk.com:
    I find that people that most people that "I don't have problems with 3" are using just a few hundred minutes per month and are obviously less likely to have problems.
    That would be me. Not using a ton of minutes.
    But why would no problems with 300 minutes become tons of problems at 3,000? You are suggesting that the problems occur at a greater and perhaps ever-increasing rate if you use more minutes?

Quote Originally Posted by Sleuth:
    That would be me. Not using a ton of minutes.
    But why would no problems with 300 minutes become tons of problems at 3,000? You are suggesting that the problems occur at a greater and perhaps ever-increasing rate if you use more minutes?
    statistically speaking yes. The more you walk on the street the higher the chance you get run over by car.

We now count the number of times we have a network rather than the number of dropped calls.

Quote Originally Posted by hk.com:
    I find that people that most people that "I don't have problems with 3" are using just a few hundred minutes per month and are obviously less likely to have problems. It is not just me, my g/f also has experiences exactly the same line drops until we switched.

If the problem was my phone I would be dropping the line on peoples also, but it is not.
    Hmm - problem is this doesn't quite fit into my nearly 3000 mins per months profile! I use my phone all over HK, not in a small specified area like most. I have used all networks, very heavily and to be honest there is not one in HK that is actually head and shoulders above the rest. What works for one person in one location would not work for another in another location. Handsets can also have an affect.

Up until Jan this year I was using cards from 3, Voda, CSL and Peoples. Now using both 3 and Peoples - mainly because of the unlimited data on Peoples (used with a Dopod 838 Pro). Using an SE K800i with 3. Personal experience (90% New Territories & Kowloon; 10% HK side) for me is that 3 has better voice most of the time, but not all.

And the clincher for me? It's the only HK network I can pick up in my office in Shenzhen!

hmmmmmm

i'm gonna be trying out 3 on the cheapest plan for a week or two and let's see how it goes...

I really hope that it works!!
    I live in Hung Hom (where they say 3 is best!), but i''m on HK island most of the time..

I recently switched from Smartone to Three to be on the same network as my girlfriend. I've noticed a big decline in coverage and call quality. Also, is it normal to experience delays of up to 2 hours in sending SMS messages between 3 users? Had quite a big argument sparked by the resulting confusion!

i was using them a few months ago and I switched to peoples. The coverage/signal is stronger with 3, but the number of lost calls and line drops is nothing compared to what I use to get.

The on peoples the unlimited GPRS is great. I figured out that the slowness I am seeing is due to the Operamini proxy accessing HK sites and not the data network itself.

We finally managed to get back on to a 2G account.
    Took a lot of work though. We were passed from person to person. Each new person starting with "but you've signed a contract and there's nothing I can do."
    In the end we told them to deal with our solicitor and not to contact us again. It took 2 days to sort out once we did this.

They finally agreed that we could cancel the 3G contract but could/would not give back the original 2G contract. Instead they offered a newer contract, at a higher fee, and a monthly rebate making the monthly charge the same as before. This looked good. More minutes, sms etc for the same fee as before so we accepted.

That was 6 weeks ago. We haven't yet received the refund. It appears that the sales person forgot to record it on our account and now somebody new has to look in to it.

WHAT A GOD AWFUL COMPANY.