Like Tree39Likes

True cost and useability of an iPhone

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by imparanoic:
    you need to note that iphone and itunes will convert the file names of mp3 (without your permisson) within your computer ( unless you have backed up somewhere) and you can NOT do what you mentioned above, however, most android will allow do what you want with mp3, even has memory card so you can easily transfer to computer at school/work
    iTunes by default will copy the song into a new iTunes database where it is organized by artist folders > album folders > songname.mp3

To me, I have yet to discover why people complain about this. Especially since you can organize your music as you like, and set iTunes to NOT copy into database, forcing iTunes to read/follow your database naming convention.

Also... There are connection kits that allow you to connect your iPhone/iPad to a projector or display for video out and presentations (video, PDF, image, PowerPoint, keynote, etc). There is also wireless options depending on what devices you are sharing with.

For audio mp3s... All you need to do is plug the iPhone into speakers via iPhone docking cable OR just typical headphone jack. Then you select and play music from iPhone and it automagically plays from speakers.

But why an Iphone and not a Samsung Galaxy S (for example)? If she wants it to watch movies etc., it's much better and no annoying IOs and Itunes slavery!

Quote Originally Posted by luckycat:
    I would rather buy an iphone that has a one-year shelf life, rather than one with a six-month shelf life (assuming Neha's prediction is correct). In addition, I would be happy to wait six months for the new one to come on, assuming its features are more refined than the current version.

The Mrs probably has a different view though...!
    I cannot remember keeping any mobile phone for more than 6 months - maybe back in the 90s.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatts:
    But why an Iphone and not a Samsung Galaxy S (for example)? If she wants it to watch movies etc., it's much better and no annoying IOs and Itunes slavery!
    Just curious, can you explain what makes it 'much better'?

Id also be interested in your slavery theory.

Quote Originally Posted by jaykay:
    And the earth is flat. There I've told you so you've heard.
    ---------- meh

Had an iPhone, sold it to suckers for a profit. Now I'm back to using my 10 year old Nokia... It's a silly gadget that is way overpriced for what it does. I just can't justify paying 3K a year to get a few emails and surf the web on occasions when it costs me less than 500$/year with my old phone. I did however like the map functions particularly traveling to other cities but for all that money, I'll print paper maps with my laptop.

I find it incredibly annoying nowadays, it seems you can hardly have a conversation with people without them constantly flicking at their phone, texting, playing games or surfing the web. So my own little protest is now to never carry a phone with me...

bookblogger and imparanoic like this.

you can not use an iphone as a mp3 storage medium for transfer to other computers and use the same mp3 to play on your iphone, ie, for presentation,etc, itunes will not allow you to do it.

Gatts likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sjiki:
    Ps. In oct is apple 10 year ani
    Eh? Who made that thing called an Apple computer that I was using in 1985 then?

Quote Originally Posted by PDLM:
    Eh? Who made that thing called an Apple computer that I was using in 1985 then?
    10 year anniversary of their first retail store opening.

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 ... LastLast