Getting blackberry in Hong Kong

Closed Thread

Getting blackberry in Hong Kong

Are blackberry phones in Hong Kong expensive? What's the range of prices varying? Is it possible to purchase one for under HK$2,500-3,000?

BTW, I mean Blackberry Curve or Bold, not Torch.

Quote Originally Posted by ObscureJack:
    Are blackberry phones in Hong Kong expensive? What's the range of prices varying? Is it possible to purchase one for under HK$2,500-3,000?

BTW, I mean Blackberry Curve or Bold, not Torch.
    Unless you buy second hand. I bought a Bold for $2k.

Where can I get an unlocked one? without any contract from a telco? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by warehouse:
    Where can I get an unlocked one? without any contract from a telco? Thanks!
    Mobile phone market. Like in Mongkok where I bought mine. Sin Tat Plaza.

Are blackberry's popular in HK as i know over back in the UK everyone use's Blackberry Messenger which is a great free way to keep in contact with people all over.....

I have a blackberry and a nokia e72 (grrrr) .. I much prefer Whatsapp over BBM
    Whatsapp, while not perfect, connects you to all the major platforms (Symbian[hurry up and die], Android, iOS and even blackberry)

Quote Originally Posted by christopher!!!:
    Are blackberry's popular in HK as i know over back in the UK everyone use's Blackberry Messenger which is a great free way to keep in contact with people all over.....
    Yes very popular with the business crowd. You can even start your own riots too.

Everyone I know is on BBM so it will help me keep in touch with people back home.

Im not sure if the business crowd will be up for a riot but I will try to get a broadcast going when I get there for us to get our hoody's on and cause some havok!!!