Like Tree25Likes

iPhone 4S official release date: November 11

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by justjoe86:
    When will the Jphone come out?
    Jphone is very old. It was actually the name of a Japanese carrier that was bought out by Vodafone Japan around 8 or 9 years ago .

Quote Originally Posted by Gatts:
    What I don't understand is why, with the current abundance of better android phones with better screens, battery life, etc. , would anyone buy this archaic looking iphone 4s? The only reason I could think of is you're trapped by Jobs into Ios-only apps which you can't transfer to actual free devices...
    That's a bit harsh and frankly this android v ios topic has been done to death.

But to sum up, ios has a far better ui and is more locked down (as opposed to android which suffers from a massive issue re fragmentation). this works for people who just want their phone to "work" and don't want to faff around tweaking and customising it. Oh and also, apple has a very good marketing machine.

I just took somebody on a tour of Mong Kok and out of interest asked a couple if shops in Sin Tat for the price of the 64GB 4S and it was $8000-$8200. And that after iphone4hongkong.com reported it should be $7200 for today.

Not sure if that's because a Gwailo was asking...

(stupid geoexpat app input box scrolling bug for longer messages)

And I actually overheard a guy asking the price for the Canadian 32GB version in Canto and it matched the one on the iphone4hk website ($68xx), despite the guy being a mainlander probably (weird canto).

Quote Originally Posted by 100LL:
    I just took somebody on a tour of Mong Kok and out of interest asked a couple if shops in Sin Tat for the price of the 64GB 4S and it was $8000-$8200. And that after iphone4hongkong.com reported it should be $7200 for today.

Not sure if that's because a Gwailo was asking...
    Is $8000 - $8200 the price they sell to you or buy from you?
    Last edited by hayzen; 05-11-2011 at 08:19 AM.

It's the price they tried to sell the phone to me when I asked (I asked a couple of shops that had stock under their glass counter). Not sure what they are paying for it.

Also, I realized that the price of $7200 on iphone4hk was probably a typo, they surely meant to say $8200. I have also seen a comment in their blog pointing that out.

The carriers are supposed to have some stock on next Friday 11 Nov, but this whole Apple crap is mad. Why the heck did they say you can pre-order at Nov 4 if you could only do so for a few minutes while letting people buy 10 at a time to resell for a premium in Mong Kok?! (while a family man like me has to take low resolution pictures of babies with his old iPhone 3GS, lol)

I also don't understand why they are letting people buy 10 when there will be a high demand. I received a text from Smartone telling me I could pre-order yesterday but no indication of when I could expect delivery. Not that I want one, my present one does all that I want it to.

Anyone had a look at the new Nokia with Windows mobile?

"Lumina" or something

Sent from my GT-P1000 using GeoClicks Mobile

Maybe Apple HK thinks most of the 4S will he bought by scalpers anyway so might as well clear inventory quickly and that people who want to buy it for personal use would be mainly through a contract? No idea ...

Quote Originally Posted by pin:
    That's a bit harsh and frankly this android v ios topic has been done to death.

But to sum up, ios has a far better ui and is more locked down (as opposed to android which suffers from a massive issue re fragmentation). this works for people who just want their phone to "work" and don't want to faff around tweaking and customising it. Oh and also, apple has a very good marketing machine.
    Perhaps worded harshly, but didn't really wanted to Android-troll this thread, honestly. Just wanted to understand people's motivation to still buy this phone.

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast