Like Tree25Likes

iPhone 4S official release date: November 11

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by reprazent:
    I don't think that many iphone 4 users will upgrade to 4s, I'd say 80-90% of these 4s will vanish/end up in china) it will be interesting to see if the opening of the IFC store has any effect on the greymarket.

will they allow people to buy 10 at once? or 5 to make it little harder?
    Its already begun:

'Professional queuers' disrupt line for new iPhone

Hong Kong News Headlines | Hong Kong's premier newspaper online | SCMP.com

Quote Originally Posted by pin:
    Its already begun:

'Professional queuers' disrupt line for new iPhone

Hong Kong News Headlines | Hong Kong's premier newspaper online | SCMP.com
    The cops/immi should start rounding up and deporting these S. Asians (Queuers). They are a goddamn nuisance at every launch event these days.
    Last edited by JaredHK; 09-11-2011 at 09:13 AM.

I took some pics of the line. Probably about 100-200 people milling about on the Star Ferry bridge waiting for Apple to announce and "official line". Cops were out trying to keep them orderly (there is trash all over from where they were sleeping).

Hong Kong iPhone 4S line starts 72 hours prior to launch. | PenguinSix

Quote Originally Posted by penguinsix:
    I took some pics of the line. Probably about 100-200 people milling about on the Star Ferry bridge waiting for Apple to announce and "official line". Cops were out trying to keep them orderly (there is trash all over from where they were sleeping).

heh, I was just there about 10 minutes ago.

Quote Originally Posted by JaredHK:
    The cops/immi should start rounding up and deporting these S. Asians (Queuers).
    Better that they deport the idiot who runs Apple HK and foments and encourages these debacles by allowing the sale of 5-10 units.
    Last edited by TigerSun; 09-11-2011 at 02:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TigerSun:
    Better that they deport the idiot who runs Apple HK and foments and encourages these debacles by allowing the sale of 5-10 units.

These guys are at all product launches regardless of how many units are sold (not just Apple).

I am also sure the guy running Apple is legally here on a work visa or is a local unlike these S Asians (Queuers).
    Last edited by JaredHK; 09-11-2011 at 02:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JaredHK:
    These guys are at all product launches regardless of how many units are sold (not just Apple).

I am also sure the guy running Apple is legally here on a work visa or is a local unlike these S Asians.
    I'm here legally thank you very much.

BTW if anyone wants an "official" HK iphone 4s on Friday morning, do let me know. Will give you good price and will throw in a free copy watch. Also, I will offer a HK$10 discount for a suit at my cousin's tailor shop.

Quote Originally Posted by penguinsix:

Oh that's what they were!! Passed that way about 7am this morning and wondered who all the people camping out were.

yeah, I said iphone 4 users, including myself, I dont know anyone who is upgrading (from 4 to 4S) this year. Next year will be different though.

So will it be available from the Hong Kong online apple store at the same time?

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast