Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By y_vdl
  • 3 Post By y_vdl

Samsung Galaxy S screen replacement

Samsung Galaxy S screen replacement

Hi,

I dropped my Galaxy S this morning and cracked the screen - the outer layer is intact, but the actual OLED screen underneath is cracked and unusable - it does not display anything.

Can anyone recommend a place where I can get it repaired and/or let me know about how much it would cost?

Thank you!

Rob2020 likes this.

Samsung Repair Center, Causeway Bay.

$1600 HKD

Thanks hingkong, I was kind of hoping to find something a little cheaper though - this afternoon I will head to Mongkok and try to find a shop that does this kind of work...

it's an expensive screen, amoled is the best but at a price, even the iphone 4 ips cost in the region of HK$2500 for oem screen

If anyone else has this problem and stumbles across this thread, you can get the entire screen module for the Galaxy S (digitiser, OLED panel, etc) replaced for HK$1000 at the mobile phone center on Argyle St in Mongkok.

Just exit Mongkok Station via exit D2 and walk straight - it is the building after Tung Choi St and the repair booth is near the front door on the left - very obvious once you enter and walk up a few stairs.

They also repair iPhone and other popular brands.

Hope that this info helps some other users.

Rob2020, mrdollars and wayland like this.

Quote Originally Posted by y_vdl:
    If anyone else has this problem and stumbles across this thread, you can get the entire screen module for the Galaxy S (digitiser, OLED panel, etc) replaced for HK$1000 at the mobile phone center on Argyle St in Mongkok.

Just exit Mongkok Station via exit D2 and walk straight - it is the building after Tung Choi St and the repair booth is near the front door on the left - very obvious once you enter and walk up a few stairs.

Hi i know its a bit late now.. but u got an AMOLED screen replaced for 1000$. was it good. I broke my galaxy and am facing the same problem now.. phone works but display doesn't.. how was it after you got it changed.~~

Quote Originally Posted by y_vdl:

Hi i know its a bit late now.. but u got an AMOLED screen replaced for 1000$. was it good. I broke my galaxy and am facing the same problem now.. phone works but display doesn't.. how was it after you got it changed.~~