Like Tree11Likes

Apple the Great no so Great

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

What kind of "in person customer service" are you talking about? An Android phone is no different from any other object on the planet. If you buy a teapot and it has a hole in the bottom, what do you do with it?

Quote Originally Posted by bdw:
    What kind of "in person customer service" are you talking about? An Android phone is no different from any other object on the planet. If you buy a teapot and it has a hole in the bottom, what do you do with it?
    The kind of customer service that the OP is complaining about. What I was subtly trying to allude to was that the type of Genius Bar customer service isn't really available for Android device owners.

Quote Originally Posted by wayland:
    The kind of customer service that the OP is complaining about. What I was subtly trying to allude to was that the type of Genius Bar customer service isn't really available for Android device owners.
    If my HTC Android breaks down I walk into the HTC repair centre.

If my Asus Android breaks down I walk into my Asus repair centre.

If my Samsung Android breaks down I walk into my Samsung repair centre.

If my Sony Android breaks down I walk into my Sony repair centre.

When my China made fake iphone lookalike Android breaks down, I walk back to China and buy a new one because they are so cheap.

Why would I need a "genius bar"?

In fact if I heard the name "genius bar" I would be expecting some alcoholic beverage created by some nerd.

Apple should be sued for misrepresentation.
    Gatts and drumbrake like this.

genius bar don't do any physical repairs, unless they have their soldering irons and tools up their @rses, i have never seen any electronic repair equipment (ie, multimeter, soldering iron, pentolobe screwdrivers) within the genius bar or apple, thinking that the genius bar with apple store is some sort of magic repair centre conclusively confirms that you believe the late mr jobs is THE messiah.

please note, genius bar will always dierct you to actual service centre when you have do an actual repair to your iphone.

Gatts likes this.

So they ask you to go to a repair center if your hardware is faulty and they ask you to call their hotline if something else is not doing what its supposed to do (as in my case). What are they actually there for?

Quote Originally Posted by 100LL:
    So they ask you to go to a repair center if your hardware is faulty and they ask you to call their hotline if something else is not doing what its supposed to do (as in my case). What are they actually there for?
    Convince you to buy the latest iDoodad, iPresume.

Quote Originally Posted by imparanoic:
    genius bar don't do any physical repairs, unless they have their soldering irons and tools up their @rses, i have never seen any electronic repair equipment (ie, multimeter, soldering iron, pentolobe screwdrivers) within the genius bar or apple, thinking that the genius bar with apple store is some sort of magic repair centre conclusively confirms that you believe the late mr jobs is THE messiah.

please note, genius bar will always dierct you to actual service centre when you have do an actual repair to your iphone.
    This is categorically wrong. While they might not fix it right there on the bar, they do take in hardware and get it fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by sxc:
    This is categorically wrong. While they might not fix it right there on the bar, they do take in hardware and get it fixed.
    Ugh have you read the thread?

Samsung making digs at Apple in their new ad