Like Tree4Likes
  • 4 Post By justjoe86

Photo of screen on iphone

Closed Thread

Photo of screen on iphone

I need to send a copy of a SMS conversation to someone from my i-phone. Instructions state to hold down the home key then press the key on top. All I get when I hold down the home key is a request to switch to "voice control". This is quite urgent, please help!

Wow, thanks - that worked! Thanks again for quick response!

You already got your answer for iPhone but this is a useful thing in many devices (most people dont even know how to do this on their laptops)..
    The phrase to search for is : screen capture

If you had googled for : iphone screen capture
    you would have had your answer

Yes but I would never have used the phrase "screen capture" off the top of my head! I got this when I searched for "take photo of screen iphone":
    "Press and hold the Home button, then press the Sleep/Wake button. Your screen flashes and the picture of your screen appears in your Camera Roll."
    Doesn't say do at same time.

Quote Originally Posted by Satay Sue:
    Yes but I would never have used the phrase "screen capture" off the top of my head!
    *smile*
    Yes, I know - thats why I made a point of mentioning it.
    Its a specific term but not in every day use by non-technical people.

I'm practically an expert at translating between tech and non-tech speak since I married one similar to you, one that would never use nor remember "screen capture"

You could use a mirror and take a photo of the mirror. Then you'd have a nice back to front image of your text. At this point, send the photo to the recipient and tell them all they need is some tracing paper.

Tell them to trace all the words from the mirrored version of the screen, and then turn the tracing paper over, hold it up to some light and read it.

You see, there is a simple solution for everything.

Last edited by justjoe86; 17-11-2011 at 02:54 PM.

Thanks JJ, knew I could count on you for a useful reply

Thanks too to HC! I really am a tech-dinosaur!