Like Tree1Likes

SMS marketing

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SMS marketing

Can anyone suggest a good SMS marketing solution? I want to send out an SMS message to about 500 customers. I'm looking for something like Mail Chimp where I can just upload the numbers and the message and send. (Not sure if this thread sits better in the business section?)

I can't, but be aware that unless you have the explicit permission of all of those customers to send them marketing material then you will need to subscribe to and check all the numbers against the Do Not Call register maintained by OFTA, and to include certain information within the SMS. Details here: OFTA - Unsolicited Electronic Messages Ordinance

audiot likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by AIP:
    Can anyone suggest a good SMS marketing solution? I want to send out an SMS message to about 500 customers. I'm looking for something like Mail Chimp where I can just upload the numbers and the message and send. (Not sure if this thread sits better in the business section?)
    mmmm...nothing i love more than when a company sends me spam via SMS.
    ***Click***
    That was the sound of our contract being digitally deleted

Quote Originally Posted by BaconBreadBaker:
    mmmm...nothing i love more than when a company sends me spam via SMS.
    ***Click***
    That was the sound of our contract being digitally deleted
    *smile*
    so, may I ask, what bank and telecom provider do you use now?
    *smile*

As far as I'm aware from personal experience as well friendly reports from friends, it seems that practically all HKG banks and telecom providers regularly spam their customers.

I want to send out an SMS message to about 500 customers. I'm looking for something like Mail Chimp where I can just upload the numbers and the message and send.
    Would recommend ClickaTell - fairly configurable and easy to use. We use them for our delivery notifications.

Communicator 2 | Clickatell

Have looked at a number of local providers but none of them seem to offer a pay as you use type scheme and their setup costs / fixed fees are pretty high.

Quote Originally Posted by PDLM:
    I can't, but be aware that unless you have the explicit permission of all of those customers to send them marketing material then you will need to subscribe to and check all the numbers against the Do Not Call register maintained by OFTA, and to include certain information within the SMS. Details here: OFTA - Unsolicited Electronic Messages Ordinance
    does that work? I f#$%^&* hate SMS spam...

make sure your unsubscribe mechanism works properly...
    I had to request four times for a HK restaurant/bar to remove me from their SMS list

And, if there is an option not to deliver when the recipient is roaming (is it possible?) please enable it!
    I wouldn't have minded receiving the SMS while I was in town, but I was really annoyed to get them while roaming (and hence, paying to receive)

>> is it possible?

Would be a carrier specific function - a sender would never know if the phone is roaming or not. Doubt they'd want to kill their revenue stream and allow users to reject SMS messages while roaming.

Given the amount of SPAM sms and calls nowadays - why would you want to risk alienating your customers by associating your brand with the thousands of unwanted spammers nowadays?

Quote Originally Posted by Rob2020:
    I was really annoyed to get them while roaming (and hence, paying to receive)
    Which mobile provider do you use (or were you roaming on to) that charged you to receive an SMS? It's never happened to me.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast