Like Tree10Likes

Blackberry users

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

I use a BB for work with 1010 and no issues whatsoever. I use a Iphone 4 (3) for personal use mostly email, browsing and Twitter. I prefer the BB of late for twitter as its easier to type on the BB.

Go Apple !!

no seriously, apart from what's already said, 9700 user here and I love the QWERTY, BBM, few other apps are OK, there are days that it drives me nuts, but in the end, it gets the job done... I think the reason corporate likes it is because of it's security features and it's ability to work with exchange server..

I wonder why Angry Birds does not come default on BB ? seeing people play that everywhere now.. lol

I use a BB9700 on a Three 12-month contract.
    However, the biggest problem I find is that my connection to the BlackBerry Internet Service (BIS) seems to connect and disconnect frequently (i.e. the little B icon in the top-right of the screen) even though the signal strength is shown as very strong. It is frustrating because I can not send/receive emails or BBM messages until it reconnects again which might be a few minutes. Is this normal in HK as I never had this problem in the UK?
    -Ken

Quote Originally Posted by k81:
    I use a BB9700 on a Three 12-month contract.
    However, the biggest problem I find is that my connection to the BlackBerry Internet Service (BIS) seems to connect and disconnect frequently (i.e. the little B icon in the top-right of the screen) even though the signal strength is shown as very strong. It is frustrating because I can not send/receive emails or BBM messages until it reconnects again which might be a few minutes. Is this normal in HK as I never had this problem in the UK?
    -Ken
    The only place I have this problem is the Philippines, never in HK (but I'm on Smartone).

What's your service provider? I have CSL and it works fine

So whats battery life like on new 9900? My 9800 can't last a day which it pretty pathetic compared to the iPhone which lasts twice as long and is used much more.

The 9900 lasts a day - down to about 50percent by the end from a full charge. Used mainly for email and geo-surfing for an hour or two on the bus, with the odd rare phone call.
    My 9700 was better - that would go 3 days doing the same.

Battery is thinner on 9900 so not as great as the 9800. I find it's comparable if not better than my iPhone. I'm a heavy user on both so I will be honest and say both don't last to end of day. And I use my bb more.

I never use the BB for surfing as the browsing and resolution are so poor. It's just for email, calls, a few texts and a few whatsapps. The phone is generally dead before I get home. Mind you it's my company phone, the contract is coming up for renewal so I've yet to decide what to replace them with.

The battery life on my 9900 is poor. Doesn't last a day.