dishonest iphone 4s seller

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

dishonest iphone 4s seller

i just want to seek advise

i recently bought an iphone 4s with box here online but w/o official invoice the phone is unlocked and from US the seller is somehow an american or what. i know his name plus a pic of his identity coz cctv camera at shop captured the actual moment when i paid and bought hir iphone 4s

i check the phoen everyhting is working till the next morning i noticed something strange did a restore 4x already but still the problem is keep coming back on and off for sometimes(audio problem on iphone 4s)

my concern is can i complain to consumer or where because the seller lied about the iphone full condition and keep telling me to take it to apple coz still under warranty til october but i already take to apple ifc but they checked and said hardware maybe and they are not entitle to repair it as the phone was bought from us and even it has a warranty its not from hk so it does not cover any warranty except for software problemsim reaching the seller thru sms saying i need to refund and give it back the phone but he refuses sayign stop texting

can i file a case or what or just accept the fact and let karma on him

anyway the iphone 4s proble is sounds keep failing sometimes, sometimesit doesn't work only the ringtone works always and rest of the sounds dont wth the video and music keeps pausing with the interuption and also affects some social apps, when the problems occurs i cant see the volume bars when pressing the buttons + or - (plus or minus) only the word ringer but no bars already did 5x full restored both on dfu and normal mode but still

How do we know that you didn't damage the phone?
    Or are you accusing the seller setting a delay malfunction app on the phone?

Last edited by dumbdonkey; 31-12-2011 at 09:22 PM.

Aren't these "just" 4S launch bugs? doubt it's the seller's fault here. Word of advice, next time don't buy grey imports, instead buy local official "hong" goods. Apple won't even ask for your invoice if it's a HK iphone.

hi

Quote Originally Posted by dumbdonkey:
    How do we know that you didn't damage the phone?
    Or are you accusing the seller setting a delay malfunction app on the phone?

i didn't do any to the phone except taking to a shop to put a anti glare and a eggshell for protection besides i have a spare iphone 4 which i only use 1 sim i plan to sell the iphone 4 thats why i purchase his phone which is $5k hk dollar we talked and he promised the phone works well i already have it check at ifc the phone to apple even on apple online discussion have some issues very very simillar on what am experiencing right now unfortunately hk apple said only covers hk phones i even ask seller where the OR and what us state he bought i also told her im not considering refund not unless warranty covers she keeps telling take to apple and my bad luck for this and on his gain but i let karma dictate what a year to end anyway

by the way thanks for addressing my issue anyway i will try to ask help on my legal friend

Quote Originally Posted by reprazent:
    Aren't these "just" 4S launch bugs? doubt it's the seller's fault here. Word of advice, next time don't buy grey imports, instead buy local official "hong" goods. Apple won't even ask for your invoice if it's a HK iphone.
    yup i read and heard about this issue even reading same issues on the apple forum

it only those over price reseller and black marketing here propably should be easy to buy with the right apple price thanks for your post

Quote Originally Posted by ladybozz:
    i just want to seek advise

i recently bought an iphone 4s with box here online but w/o official invoice the phone is unlocked and from US the seller is somehow an american or what. i know his name plus a pic of his identity coz cctv camera at shop captured the actual moment when i paid and bought hir iphone 4s

i check the phoen everyhting is working till the next morning i noticed something strange did a restore 4x already but still the problem is keep coming back on and off for sometimes(audio problem on iphone 4s)

my concern is can i complain to consumer or where because the seller lied about the iphone full condition and keep telling me to take it to apple coz still under warranty til october but i already take to apple ifc but they checked and said hardware maybe and they are not entitle to repair it as the phone was bought from us and even it has a warranty its not from hk so it does not cover any warranty except for software problemsim reaching the seller thru sms saying i need to refund and give it back the phone but he refuses sayign stop texting

can i file a case or what or just accept the fact and let karma on him

anyway the iphone 4s proble is sounds keep failing sometimes, sometimesit doesn't work only the ringtone works always and rest of the sounds dont wth the video and music keeps pausing with the interuption and also affects some social apps, when the problems occurs i cant see the volume bars when pressing the buttons + or - (plus or minus) only the word ringer but no bars already did 5x full restored both on dfu and normal mode but still
    i didn't do any to the phone except taking to a shop to put a anti glare and a eggshell for protection besides i have a spare iphone 4 which i only use 1 sim i plan to sell the iphone 4 thats why i purchase his phone which is $5k hk dollar we talked and he promised the phone works well i already have it check at ifc the phone to apple even on apple online discussion have some issues very very simillar on what am experiencing right now unfortunately hk apple said only covers hk phones i even ask seller where the OR and what us state he bought i also told her im not considering refund not unless warranty covers she keeps telling take to apple and my bad luck for this and on his gain but i let karma dictate what a year to end anyway

by the way thanks for addressing my issue anyway i will try to ask help on my legal friend
    yup i read and heard about this issue even reading same issues on the apple forum

it only those over price reseller and black marketing here propably should be easy to buy with the right apple price thanks for your post
    Perhaps a fullstop after each sentence will help understand better what you are trying to say. Especially your second post where you mentioned antiglare and eggshell thing.

When it comes to Apple products I would only buy from an Apple store or Authorised reseller. There is no need to buy from a small shop as prices are not discounted. If it is discounted then there is something wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by virago:
    When it comes to Apple products I would only buy from an Apple store or Authorised reseller. There is no need to buy from a small shop as prices are not discounted. If it is discounted then there is something wrong.
    This was a grey import, so was presumably cheaper than official channels - or maybe just more available, if large parts of the official non-contract stocks are still being snatched up by mainland (and other?) scalpers...

You wanted to save a few bucks or get the phone early? Sorry, lesson learned and you got burned. Your claim is with the seller and not Apple. Apple is notorious for regulating their retail channels and pricing - buy from authorised or suffer the consequences.

Apple states that their warranties are good internationally. I had my laptop's battery replaced under applecare with no issue at all.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast