Like Tree21Likes

Smartone to limit data to 2GB

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by pin:
    If they, 3HK, change terms like that, then people would be able to be released from their existing contract if they don't agree to the changes.

Its basic principles of contract law.
    Possibly..but I don't really care as I don't use a lot of data on the go & I'm done with 3.

Quote Originally Posted by JaredHK:
    Possibly..but I don't really care as I don't use a lot of data on the go & I'm done with 3.
    Yep, 3HK does suck balls, more so than Murky's hairy ones.

I use my smatphone all I want in HK and I struggle to consume 1GB (But I do run over wifi when at home and office which helps keep it down and I generally dont do much streaming like youtube). So for me, and probably 95% of users that use less than 2GB per month, there will hopefully be benefits here in terms of better quality service (speed) and maybe lower costs, without any real downside.

The top 5% of you who are data hogs and cripple the networks for everybody else may not like this. But the rest of us should be OK.

Yep, 3HK does suck balls, more so than Murky's hairy ones.
    I dunno. Mine are pretty big. More like coconut size

Quote Originally Posted by luckycat:
    I dunno. Mine are pretty big. More like coconut size
    If they are that big, you may want to get them checked out.

BDW, yes agree. 2GB is actually quite generous. I average around 1 - 1.5GB a month, but then again I don't do a lot of streaming of things like music, etc, cause I'm on shitty 3HK so the service isn't that good. If I was on a better network, then I think my data usage may go up.

However I'm hoping by capping at 2GB, prices will come down (but I doubt that very much). No regulation in HK for that to happen.
    dear giant likes this.

If they are that big, you may want to get them checked out.
    Maybe I should get you to check them out. You cheeky little harlot.
    Fiona in HKG likes this.

From memory, isnt Bryant one of the big data hogs? I think he has his 3G hotspot running 24/7 in his classrooom feeding his laptop and whatever else. This is probably going to bugger him up. Sucked in mate

Quote Originally Posted by luckycat:
    MOVING! You're my internet girlfriend #2! You can't be calling me Mucky! Well, unless.......
    If I tickle you under your chin will you forgive me?
    Satay Sue likes this.

What I know is that Unlimited plans are to be stopped as part of gov policy. This is true in many other countries and is not being applied to HK. New contracts will have this cap and unlimited plans cannot be offered. Exiting plans are allowed to continue till end of engagement. I was not aware of any plans to change terms on existing contracts. This could be new.

Quote Originally Posted by krypton:
    What I know is that Unlimited plans are to be stopped as part of gov policy. This is true in many other countries and is not being applied to HK. New contracts will have this cap and unlimited plans cannot be offered. Exiting plans are allowed to continue till end of engagement. I was not aware of any plans to change terms on existing contracts. This could be new.
    Please point me in the direction of this being government policy? Wasn't aware of any laws being passed on this point.

As for other countries, yes this is true, data caps are becoming more of the norm, but this is more because of market pressures rather than government policy. However, in some countries there has been a bit of a shift away from capped data plans, for example in the UK.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast