Like Tree3Likes

Lowest cost SMS

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Lowest cost SMS

Hi - can anyone tell me who offers the lowest charge per SMS on a pre-paid SIM card.

Many thanks!

Domestic on-net (same operator), domestic off-net (other operator), or international?

Get whatsapp!

Quote Originally Posted by PDLM:
    Domestic on-net (same operator), domestic off-net (other operator), or international?
    Hi PDLM - that would be domestic off-net. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pin:
    Get whatsapp!
    It's for a GPS tracker which doesn't seem to have that capability from what I can see (VERY non-techy person here)!~

get whatsapp, best alternative to sms, vitually free, avaliable on ios, andriod, symbian and win7, send message internationally for free ( also send pic, mps, files and vids assuming that the os does not restrict this feature)

get a prepaid data sim, will last you for a months using whatsapp (assuming you don't send large files)

Laksa Girl likes this.

Well yes, but it does require that all the recipients of your SMSs have smartphones with whatsapp as well...

Fiona in HKG likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by PDLM:
    Well yes, but it does require that all the recipients of your SMSs have smartphones with whatsapp as well...
    well, unless your friends and contacts are mostly oap's, then chances that 70-90% of the recipents will use a smartphone

the remaining proportion use traditional sms
    Fiona in HKG likes this.

Whatsapp is huge here. Talkbox is good as well. If most of your friends are on iPhone, than iMessenger is a great alternative.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiona in HKG:
    It's for a GPS tracker which doesn't seem to have that capability from what I can see (VERY non-techy person here)!~
    Forget whatsapp for you application.

GPS? I think you need to be very careful going across network SMS they cost about $1 each... what sort of update rate & how long will it be on do you expect? = homw many SMS will it send in a month?

Probably better if it can be configured to use GPRS (China mobile) or HS (3G operator CSl, smartone, hutch) data and get a cheapish data 50MB or something package... otherwise consider getting a new device.

What are specs of said device.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast