Like Tree22Likes

Ipad

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Fiona in HKG:
    ... I even have the original iPad...am almost embarrassed to use it in public
    Freak!
    Fiona in HKG likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiona in HKG:
    ... I even have the original iPad...am almost embarrassed to use it in public
    but there is almost nothing the ipad orignial cant do

Original Post Deleted
    Actually... neither will work (on LTE) in Hong Kong. Which is why I'm guessing they are taking pre-orders only for the WiFi model here.

HK's LTE network works on a different frequency band. Most EU countries too (where LTE has been deployed - like Denmark, Germany, Austria) are on the same band... 2.6GHz. 4G-LTE in the US works on the 700MHz & 1.7GHz-2.1GHz frequency bands.

So they () will probably have to release a 3rd (4G-LTE) model to work with the 'rest of the world'.

Of course... you could always buy any of the 4G-LTE ones from the US and use it on the local 3G networks here in HK... but you won't get 4G speeds.
    pin and MandM! like this.

Quote Originally Posted by dumbdonkey:
    but there is almost nothing the ipad orignial cant do
    Exactly, if you intend to use the ipad to read book or checking email and internet - there's no reason to upgrade, the first ipad is still the same revolutionary thing that came out in 2010
    Last edited by reprazent; 08-03-2012 at 11:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by wysiwyg:
    Actually... neither will work (on LTE) in Hong Kong. Which is why I'm guessing they are taking pre-orders only for the WiFi model here.

HK's LTE network works on a different frequency band. Most EU countries too (where LTE has been deployed - like Denmark, Germany, Austria) are on the same band... 2.6GHz. 4G-LTE in the US works on the 700MHz & 1.7GHz-2.1GHz frequency bands.

So they () will probably have to release a 3rd (4G-LTE) model to work with the 'rest of the world'.

Of course... you could always buy any of the 4G-LTE ones from the US and use it on the local 3G networks here in HK... but you won't get 4G speeds.
    I stand corrected.

Has anyone actually gotten to order one? I get "currently not available".

Can anyone else confirm that the AT&T iPad 3 will not work at 4G speeds in HK? I was thinking about having some family bring some over on their next visit.

Quote Originally Posted by booth:
    Can anyone else confirm that the AT&T iPad 3 will not work at 4G speeds in HK? I was thinking about having some family bring some over on their next visit.
    Read the previous posts.

Well that was fast. It came online at about 1:10 and was the server crashed at 1:29

there's talk going round that Apple may release 7-inch iPad later this year

Apple may release 7-inch iPad later this year - SlashGear

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast