Like Tree13Likes

Galaxy SII - ICS Now available

Reply
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
  1. #31

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Siu Lam
    Posts
    1,082

    Yes even update kies but no update for the phone


  2. #32

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by robertlempriere
    SamMobile Firmware Page

    ICS (Ice Cream Sandwich - Android 4) is now officially available for for Samsung Galaxy SII (I-9100) international version.

    Now waiting on the CM9 release
    How much is a galaxy sII now? I wish to get a pink one

  3. #33

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    13,927
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefox1985
    How much is a galaxy sII now? I wish to get a pink one
    5 dolla only la.

  4. #34

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    4,317

    If you don't like Touchwiz, I strongly suggest you keep an eye on the CM9 project, they have made great progress with the S2 and ICS. You can have a much more 'native' Android experience with a bunch of added tweaks and goodies.


  5. #35

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    13,927
    Quote Originally Posted by robertlempriere
    If you don't like Touchwiz, I strongly suggest you keep an eye on the CM9 project, they have made great progress with the S2 and ICS. You can have a much more 'native' Android experience with a bunch of added tweaks and goodies.
    CM9 is great, been playing with it recently, working nicely, but please note its not a finished rom by all means. Still trying to fix a few problems:

    CyanogenMod9:GT-I9100:Nightly:Known issues - Teamhacksung Wiki

    Also if you do go to CM9 YOU WILL VOID YOUR WARRANTY.

    Please read this (very long) thread before you even think about going on CM9:

    [ROM][GT-I9100][4.0.3] CyanogenMod 9 nightly builds | DISCUSSION THREAD - xda-developers

  6. #36

    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    2,257

    Thanks for the link to Apex Launcher, pin. I'm finding it to be rather splendid if only because it allows me to get back to a clean looking ICS without having to root.

    Small thing, does anyone know if there is an easy way to remove the annoying "Swipe screen to unlock" message from the lock screen?


  7. #37

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    4,013

    Is it just me or is Kies sh1te?

    3 computers with latest version
    ~7 downloads of firmware upgrade
    No successful update

    I am left with the "preparing..." box that has apparently hung up.

    How long should it take after the download has completed?


    Sent from my GT-I9100 using GeoClicks Mobile

    Last edited by Stoob; 23-03-2012 at 04:28 PM.

  8. #38

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Siu Lam
    Posts
    1,082

    Grrr as i bought my phone on Expansys it's a sim free UK version so still no update for me ...


  9. #39

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    13,927
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoob
    Is it just me or is Kies sh1te?

    3 computers with latest version
    ~7 downloads of firmware upgrade
    No successful update

    I am left with the "preparing..." box that has apparently hung up.

    How long should it take after the download has completed?


    Sent from my GT-I9100 using GeoClicks Mobile

  10. #40

    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    2,257

    Yes, Kies is awful and is known for hanging. Might be worth uninstalling and re-installing Kies or trying it on a different computer.


Reply
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast