Iphone 4S unlocking service in HK??

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Iphone 4S unlocking service in HK??

Hi, i am new here. I hope you guys can help. I have an iphone4S that's from US and is not activate yet. I would like to know if there is any place in HK that can unlock this phone so i can use it??

Thanks

Wan Chai or MK cell phone shops.

But dont let the phone out of your sight. Some businesses will take the parts from inside and replace with cheaper quality ones.

Chances are your iPhone4S is on the newer firmware and will have the newer basebands. Newer basebands means even after jailbreaking it, you will not be able to unlock it. The only way to do it is with Apple (the request is sent to Apple servers), and the only way to do that is via your own carrier. Some carriers will offer this for free if you are on an expensive tariff, some will incur a charge, whilst others like AT&T will not do it at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Proplus:
    Chances are your iPhone4S is on the newer firmware and will have the newer basebands. Newer basebands means even after jailbreaking it, you will not be able to unlock it. The only way to do it is with Apple (the request is sent to Apple servers), and the only way to do that is via your own carrier. Some carriers will offer this for free if you are on an expensive tariff, some will incur a charge, whilst others like AT&T will not do it at all.
    Actually i brought this iphone last year when it was release. So it has never been update before and firmware is not the newest one. Hope they can unlock it without too much trouble.

Have a google on the baseband number you have, and you'll soon find out. But then you'll be faced with problems further down the line when you want/need to update the firmware (due to apps requirements, or just simply your iPhone borking up and iTunes, via the Apple servers, forces you to update to the newest firmware), you'll just lose your unlock forever.

Yea it's a hassle. But I guess it's too late for me to exchange it now. And I was told there is no unlock iPhone4s service in HK. I am glad they were wrong.

There's a program u can download that does it for u

You can google it and unlock it for free yourself. Requires maybe an hour of your time to learn the process and actually time to unlock is maybe 10min.

I never understood why people would pay to jailbreak or unlock a phone when it is free to do at home.

Quote Originally Posted by rlleung:
    I never understood why people would pay to jailbreak or unlock a phone when it is free to do at home.
    Cash Rich, Time Poor

Of course, I know I can download a program. But I just don't know which one is the right one. Anyone can enlighten me?? Thanks

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast