Like Tree3Likes

Samsung Galaxy S III

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

If you want battery life, you MUST root it.

There are apps that are notorious... they drain your battery for no reason! Pinpoint them and your battery would last for more than a day!

Quote Originally Posted by YOHAN
    If you want battery life, you MUST root it.

There are apps that are notorious... they drain your battery for no reason! Pinpoint them and your battery would last for more than a day!
    not that many non unstallable apps which drains your power, so rooting may not be necessary, however, uninstalling certain iu from carriers makes a big difference, they are poorly designed and have limited functionality.

also apps such as draw something are well known to drain power as well fill your phone with ad crap

Really? Draw Something drains power? It's good that I don't play that game anymore. Haha!

I just uninstalled Dolphin Browser HD because it drained by battery like crazy. Switched back to Opera and now my battery lasts forever.

If you root, you can underclock your processor to save even more juice. That's what I did. And yes, freeze/remove bloatware from carriers, or Samsung.

best up and coming android ( i presume all manufacturers get in there, before apple next successor in possibly lat june, july, september or oct) all have advantages, in a nut shell

htc one x ( already out), + superb build quality, feels like ceramic, quad core,mhl ( requires adaptor of Tv out, though non cec compatible)
    - non removable battery and no upgradable memory, average camera, 8 mp

samsung galaxy s3 ( end of this month) + very fast, removable battery, oled screen, up to 64gb built in plus 64 sd gb card mhl ( requires adaptor of Tv out, though non cec compatible)
    - probably so so build quality ( like plasticky s2), not a great looker, ok, average camera 8mp

Samsung I9300 Galaxy S III vs. HTC One X: Alien vs. Predator - GSMArena.com

sony xperia lt29i gx ( out in late june/early july), + superb aesthetic, hdmi output with cec compatiblity, excellent camera 13 mp, removable battery ( pretty much comnfirmed) and sd card,
    - not a powerful as mentioned above, feels plastically like all sony ericsson phones,

panasonic eluga power (propably late june), + waterproof
    - boring design, no flash, not as powerful as above,

I don't mind the plastic feel of the galaxy. My GS2 is plastic and I'm fine with it. The GS2 camera is one of the best cameras on a phone and I assume it's the same camera in the GS3. It's just to damn BIG!!!!

gs2 is not best camera, the screen is so impressive, makes the camera look better, xperia arc is far better

hi there, i ve been following this thread and i perosnally find it very useful thanks to all for the comments and guidance.

I live now in shanghai and im hesitating to buy any phone since i just relocated from hk about a year ago, after i lived in hk 4years in a row, i miss it!!.

Anyway back to the topic, this lack of confidence is becasue i cant trust the chinese versions sold in here, and dont start me on, in regards to the gadgets i found out that all their stuff is for them (local chinese) and not open to us from foreign countries, obiously or not thats the way it is.

so straigh to the point my question is, if im keen to buy the galaxy 3 or the latest note (these weeks), will i be able to make the chinese version work same way as the hk version? who can tell me for a fact, and also i would like to know your opinions or theories all is useful. i dont want to screw this decision on the purchase of that phone.

here, in a mall i ve been offered the hk version too! and for less than the chinese version of samsung note, but i am not trusting entirely as i can imagine that maybe a fake could be already realesed as they say no to the 1year guarantee but the price is a little lower than mkt price.
    what you guys think, ? a note at 3500rmbs new in a closed box and but as mentioned no manufacturers guarantee. I tried it and works well and does everything exactly as the chinese but some friends told me that the software if its a chinese version and it will down load chinese apps mainly, i dont know if there is a way to change that software from the carrier or manufacturer.
    and my friends are not very familiar to the latest thing that these phones can do or cannot do.

and my second question is: can i use the hk version in the states with any local carrier (sprint, tmobile, virgin, or at least at&t)? any craft work to do in the phone for it to work in the USA? im sure that Europe works very well.

Quote Originally Posted by imparanoic
    gs2 is not best camera, the screen is so impressive, makes the camera look better, xperia arc is far better
    Ah, yes. So true.

That's why I said it's just one of the best... not the best.

10 million pre-orders.

Review

10 frigging characters

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast