Like Tree1Likes

Cheapest way (prepaid or plan) to have 2nd phone with data

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Booth - will do, I've tried PCCW previously and it was very solid for both data and calls, their Wifi network is also the best in the city (only useful periodically admittedly). I would still rather have bought 3 (cost was my primary consideration) but the guy at the shop expressly told me that the iPad sim was a Micro SIM and not a normal SIM, so... Usually 7-11 is pretty good for this kind of stuff but all the shops were out (no doubt because they were trying to avoid 3 shop assistants who discourage them from the SIM card).

MovingIn07 - 1) 200mb isn't enough for me, that's a very low amount, and 2) their shop in Sheung Wan was jam packed with mainlanders shouting at each other - that didn't encourage me to stay and wait out the queue LOL.

Medaman - yeah, tell me about it. You clearly can't call on the iPad but the SIM card package also clearly states the cost per minute of voice calls.

I wish I had a picture. Its a regular sim card with perforations in the middle to easily break out the "micro SIM".

Once another carrier has a better deal, I will change. 3 is not reliable. But it is ok for me and the cheap price. I do question the billing accuracy because sometimes I dont use data and still pay the 168 max every month. Even if I am outside HK for 2-3 weeks out of a month.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using GeoClicks Mobile

Booth - There is an 18 a month service charge for maintaining that card. So technically it can top out at 186 w/o any carrier minutes used.

But I have also noticed using 200 in a given month with nominal voice minutes used.

Yes 18$ service charge includes 3 unlimited wifi and 50mb data. But if you use unlimited data then you pay 168. Yes you are right :-)

Dont forget to reload with the 300$ cards for $400 credit.

Try going on Yahoo Auctions and look for those SmarTone iPhone Micro sims with $600 stored value in them.

Usually they go for about $200.
    Monthly plan is $38
    80mb data, caps at $298
    Calls are 10 cents per min.
    Also unlimited wifi at Y5ZONE hotspots, have to call customer service to activate.