Samsung sgs 3 @ broadway

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by pin:
    Order online and they deliver. Crazy concept for HK, but its called "online shopping".

[However, do note most of their stock are grey goods, which may have an impact on warranties].
    they definitely import grey market goods, hence why they say warranty is only 3 months, and if you look on their forums when people ask about the 12 months manufacturer warranty they will say 3 months and avoid the question. and i also read somewhere that when someone's phone did need repair it got sent back to europe or something and took them a couple of months to get it back. i'm guessing the phone is a european grey import so had to be sent their by expansys to get it repaired.

anyhow, i just decided to get the s3 from wilson's communications, got a 12 month playment plan with no interest so only $466.50 a month and very good customer service. first phone had the samsung logo misaligned so went back and they opened a new phone and swapped the cover for me. then i realised the battery cover is slightly loose (me being really picky), switched for another battery cover which still felt loose and i said it was prob the phone body with the issue no the battery cover. so he swapped my s3 for a brand new s3 and they made sure i was all happy.

Quote Originally Posted by electric0ant:
    they definitely import grey market goods, hence why they say warranty is only 3 months, and if you look on their forums when people ask about the 12 months manufacturer warranty they will say 3 months and avoid the question. and i also read somewhere that when someone's phone did need repair it got sent back to europe or something and took them a couple of months to get it back. i'm guessing the phone is a european grey import so had to be sent their by expansys to get it repaired.

anyhow, i just decided to get the s3 from wilson's communications, got a 12 month playment plan with no interest so only $466.50 a month and very good customer service. first phone had the samsung logo misaligned so went back and they opened a new phone and swapped the cover for me. then i realised the battery cover is slightly loose (me being really picky), switched for another battery cover which still felt loose and i said it was prob the phone body with the issue no the battery cover. so he swapped my s3 for a brand new s3 and they made sure i was all happy.
    let us know how the battery is....i am having big issues with my s2 and hence i will wait to see what apple does before my next upgrade. i have been considering the galaxy note.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using GeoClicks Mobile

why not check by citylink, they sell it for 4999hkd.

Quote Originally Posted by booth:
    let us know how the battery is....i am having big issues with my s2 and hence i will wait to see what apple does before my next upgrade. i have been considering the galaxy note.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using GeoClicks Mobile
    the battery life on this is great, better than my one x. on average I can get a day and a half use out of it before getting to about 15-20%. i mainly just use whatsapp throughout the day.

what issues are you having with your s2?

Quote Originally Posted by opensourceguy:
    why not check by citylink, they sell it for 4999hkd.
    They don't look legit either, the warranty is provided through them and not the manufacturer. I think that seems to be a giveaway sign of if they sell legit or grey market goods, grey market sellers seem to offer warranty but say you have to claim with them, but with legit sellers they will say after the initial 14 days you have to go to manufacturer.

tbh due to the major issue with grey market good I would only buy from authorized dealers for anything so expensive. I would rather pay that bit more to be able to walk into a service centre and know its going to get repaired. rather than have one of these grey market sellers send off somewhere for repair, or even worse have them do so inhouse repairs likely using non genuine third party parts.