Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By MovingIn07

Mobile Number Portability

Mobile Number Portability

I am a China Telecom subscriber in Beijing and will be moving to Hongkong next month. Is it possible to retain my mobile number (obtained from China Telecom) when I subscribe to a new service provider (e.g. Hutichison) in Hongkong?

Taking a wild guess: No.

Two completely different international dialling code areas so no. You can of course keep your number and pay CT directly however that number will be "roaming" in Hong Kong.

Thanks. You are right. I've checked with the telco operators and was advised to subscribe a new line.
    *hassle*

**** facepalm*****
    You do know there are loads of other differences down here too? Different language and visa requirement usually trump phone number portability!

hktraveller and ghkg like this.

Quote Originally Posted by MovingIn07
    **** facepalm*****
    You do know there are loads of other differences down here too? Different language and visa requirement usually trump phone number portability!
    What on earth are you blathering on about? He asked a simple question about mobile phones, not on what wider differences there are being Beijing and Hong Kong. Why on earth would you feel the need to go off about speaking a different language down here? What purpose does it serve?

Aw c'mon TB, even your answer hinted that it was a bit of a dopey question!

Chill mate.
    Thanks for the up heads. Different languages/dialects used in different countries, or even provinces, are nevertheless expected.

Cheers!