Blackberry Phone/Data Plan

Closed Thread

Blackberry Phone/Data Plan

Hello,

I have a Blackberry from the US and wanted to use it here with a voice plan and basic data. It will primarily be used as a cell phone but the data will be used for basic things like checking gmail, looking for addresses in google, etc.

I'd prefer not to have a contract and am looking for something relatively inexpensive. Any suggestions? I went into a Fortress and 3HK was recommended (SIM card). Any experiences?

Thanks.

If you don't get a blackberry plan (expensive) then your bb will not work well as a phone. It can work, just about, but it's CRAP. If you don't want a blackberry plan, just get a new cheap phone instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Morton11:
    Hello,

I have a Blackberry from the US and wanted to use it here with a voice plan and basic data. It will primarily be used as a cell phone but the data will be used for basic things like checking gmail, looking for addresses in google, etc.

I'd prefer not to have a contract and am looking for something relatively inexpensive. Any suggestions? I went into a Fortress and 3HK was recommended (SIM card). Any experiences?

Thanks.
    Blackberry ouside of a the corporate environment has basically gone the way of the dodo bird. Why not just get an Android phone?

BlackBerry Service Plans_China Mobile Hong Kong

It is not exactly what you are looking for though, 12 month contract, but you can cancel by paying HK$400.

Should add one2free offers prepaid blackberry:

http://www.hkcsl.com/en/pdf/2012/one...ce_RIM_eng.pdf