Like Tree9Likes

Roaming Charge nightmare

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thanks for your advice. As I mentioned data package purchased but as usual did not work, skype is absolutely crap. But lesson learned! But honestly the whole idea of roaming is seemless use of the same number wherever you are in the world and yet it is clear that this is not possible on commercial grounds and that one does have to buy a sim card for every country. Wifi is generally not available enough for skype and whatsapp, viber etc to be a viable alternative except if I am spending my time sitting in coffee shops and my hotel room. As i said lesson learned

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy Clarkson:
    As i said lesson learned
    One does wonder why it took you so long to learn this lesson though...Have you never traveled on business before? Never been on vacation with your cell phone? Did you never check your cell phone bill? Did you never hear any friends, relatives, strangers complain about roaming charges.

Cmon man, where have you been living, mars? Cell phones have been around since the early 80s. From the moment they were introduced, everyone knows that you talk while roaming, you're going to get shafted when the bill shows up.

####LIKE#####

Sent from my GT-N7000 using GeoClicks Mobile

Actually I have always used a local sim with call forwarding before but have not been to the states on business for a long time and did not have time to buy a sim so I have not experienced just how awful the charges are for a long time but at the same time cant be without my phone. By the way I found that US wifi connections were extremely poor and skype generally is poor aswell.

JC

Quote Originally Posted by HowardCoombs:
    One does wonder why it took you so long to learn this lesson though...Have you never traveled on business before? Never been on vacation with your cell phone? Did you never check your cell phone bill? Did you never hear any friends, relatives, strangers complain about roaming charges.

Cmon man, where have you been living, mars? Cell phones have been around since the early 80s. From the moment they were introduced, everyone knows that you talk while roaming, you're going to get shafted when the bill shows up.
    isnt it more like early 90ies? I mean the small phones, not the ones where u need a suitcase ti carry them :-D

Sent from my GT-I9210 using GeoClicks Mobile

Stupid Tax working as advertised.
    virago likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mat:
    isnt it more like early 90ies? I mean the small phones, not the ones where u need a suitcase ti carry them :-D
    The brick was 1983 and you didnt need a suitcase for it :
    http://www.webdesignerdepot.com/2009...een-1983-2009/

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy Clarkson:
    just got it wrong its actually HK$26/minute to call Hong Kong from US on Smartone phone- I think I will call the police

JC
    The police won't be interested in your problems. Pin was pulling your leg.

If you complain vigorously you will get a reduced one off charge.

Quote Originally Posted by virago:
    The police won't be interested in your problems. Pin was pulling your leg.

If you complain vigorously you will get a reduced one off charge.
    Who said I was pulling the OPs leg?

The OP has clearly stated what the mobile phone company are doing is criminal. As it is a criminal matter, the police are obliged to investigate if they receive a compliant.

People still get big roaming bills? Really not that hard to get a pre paid Sim out just switch off your phone and use Skype etc etc etc