Like Tree5Likes

IOS6 Universal remote

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

IOS6 Universal remote

Does anyone use their Iphone as a universal remote? If so what app do you recommend. Is a plugin dongle needed for IOS6?

Thanks

iPhones don't have an IR blaster in them so whatever solution you get, you are going to have to get some companion hardware to actually control the TV set etc

shri and JaredHK like this.

Having said that many of the current TVs / Media centers ( software ones like Plex / XBMC etc ) have "remote control" apps. Kinda neat to be able to select the video you want to watch on your tablet (including thumbnails / synopsis etc) and having it output to the TV.

SXC is spot on about the IR bit.

May want to look at something like this Logitech device.

http://www.logitech.com/en-us/remote...s/harmony-link

JaredHK likes this.

Thanks guys. I need one that I can carry to the Gym or when visiting the Inlaws to switch channels or turn off the tellies

Quote Originally Posted by JaredHK:
    Thanks guys. I need one that I can carry to the Gym or when visiting the Inlaws to switch channels or turn off the tellies
    sorry changing subject

i recall you had a sony tablet s with remote control features built in and learning capability, was it any good 9remote function only)? just wondering as i have considering the sucessor xperia s tablet (has tv hdmi output and keyboard/mouse via dock)

Quote Originally Posted by imparanoic:
    sorry changing subject

i recall you had a sony tablet s with remote control features built in and learning capability, was it any good 9remote function only)? just wondering as i have considering the sucessor xperia s tablet (has tv hdmi output and keyboard/mouse via dock)
    I still have it and the remote is fairly decent however I don't carry it around to the gym or the inlaws so its not too practical. I don't really use the tablet much as I am not a fan of the Android OS.

@Tigersun
    Picked up one of those and they don't seem to work with the tellies at the gym. Thanks for the tip.

Quote Originally Posted by JaredHK:
    I still have it and the remote is fairly decent however I don't carry it around to the gym or the inlaws so its not too practical. I don't really use the tablet much as I am not a fan of the Android OS.

@Tigersun
    Picked up one of those and they don't seem to work with the tellies at the gym. Thanks for the tip.
    maybe the microsoft forthcoming rt will be your cup of tea.

i have a famicom joypad shaped tv remote control, works on basic functions on all japanese tv's as well as a full learning av lcd remote

Quote Originally Posted by imparanoic:
    maybe the microsoft forthcoming rt will be your cup of tea.

i have a famicom joypad shaped tv remote control, works on basic functions on all japanese tv's as well as a full learning av lcd remote

I have tested the Win 8 tablet and it is pretty good however I prefer my laptop to a tablet and use my BB/Iphone for access on the go.

@Guys
    Thanks for the links.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast