Like Tree3Likes

GPS app for iphone

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

GPS app for iphone

Can anyone recommend a free GPS app for iphone 3GS ?
    All I need is the GPS coordinates on the picture.

And how does it work technically, I assume I need a service provider, preferably a local one or does a prepaid card does the job?
    I am thinking of places such as Brazil and Peru.

Thanks

try this: http://www.apple.com/webapps/utiliti...ordinates.html

or this: http://hrtapps.com/theodolite/ - it has a lot of functions, but GPS is one of them.

You don't need a service provider, the GPS will work without a cell phone signal, although it will take longer to get a position without "A-GPS" assistance from triangulation from cell phone transmitters

Morrison likes this.

Google maps.

Oh wait.......

Morrison likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by pin:
    Google maps.

Oh wait.......
    Still available on the phone if you haven't upgraded to ios6
    Morrison likes this.

"You don't need a service provider, the GPS will work without a cell phone signal, although it will take longer to get a position without "A-GPS" assistance from triangulation from cell phone transmitters "

how ? straight from the satellite ?

Does the iphone camera not have GPS tagging function?

You don't need maps just the coordinates.

Quote Originally Posted by Stoob:
    Does the iphone camera not have GPS tagging function?
    yes, it does, but the coordinates are buried in the .jpg file's properties
    Last edited by MrRotavator; 19-10-2012 at 05:12 PM. Reason: checked

Original Post Deleted
    Yes, google maps on android allows you to highlight a selected areas on the map and save the map data to local storage. Do it before you leave HK, then you can travel overseas with full GPS/map functionality without any data roaming charges. Works beautifully.

Quote Originally Posted by bdw:
    Yes, google maps on android allows you to highlight a selected areas on the map and save the map data to local storage. Do it before you leave HK, then you can travel overseas with full GPS/map functionality without any data roaming charges. Works beautifully.
    I think you are limited to a certain radius though, 20km if I remember correctly?

Quote Originally Posted by Stoob:
    I think you are limited to a certain radius though, 20km if I remember correctly?
    That was the beta version (but you could still cover entire cities just by doing it a few times over adjoining areas). Now thats its out of beta, you can pinch in and out over a map to cover more or less area (the more you cover, the more MB storage needed, it tells you on the bottom of the screen how many MB the offline map will need).

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast