ANDROID SUCKS!!

Closed Thread

ANDROID SUCKS!!

What? Did the title read correct? Nah, not really, but a good way of grabbing attention. Yes, I am a massive Android fan (no sh!t), however it still has room for improvement (doesn't everything in life?) Still find it much much better that iOS, but in the spirit of fairness, an excellent article on what Android needs to fix with Jelly Bean (although the writer has spent a LOT of the article on one app, Google Music):

http://www.androidpolice.com/2013/02...n-4-2-edition/

every os has advantages and disadvantages.

Quote Originally Posted by pin:
    however it still has room for improvement
    The huge different between iOS and Android is that Android does get improved. iOS looks the same as in 2007 (yes, I know, there is one icon now in a slightly different color).

One of the main reasons I've held off buying a small Android tablet is because it seems hardcoded to always display the three buttons at the bottom of the screen (back/home/something else). If I'm running a 7" tablet to read news or websites, I don't want to waste screen real estate on these three buttons.

Are these things always on, or is there a way to have them disappear until recalled?

Quote Originally Posted by jgl:
    One of the main reasons I've held off buying a small Android tablet is because it seems hardcoded to always display the three buttons at the bottom of the screen (back/home/something else). If I'm running a 7" tablet to read news or websites, I don't want to waste screen real estate on these three buttons.

Are these things always on, or is there a way to have them disappear until recalled?
    Under custom roms you have have these disappeared and recalled on notice.

Gah, in which case I'll wait until this comes out as a standard feature. I guess this is another one of those niggling UI things where Apple has got the edge (though I refuse to by an iPad mini).