how much is a mobile sim card?

how much is a mobile sim card?

Hi. I am moving to HK soon. wonder if I shall take my mobile with me and get a Sim card from phone shop in HK or get a whole package in HK?

How much does a Sim card cost in HK? ls it worth getting a package with 12 months line rental instead of a pay as you go so I dont need a fixed land line at home?

Which network is better in terms of connection and value for money?

Thanks.

Sim cards in HK

Mobile phone services in HK are, for some reason, one of the cheapest in the world. For example, a typical contract may offer you AT LEAST 1,200 minutes talk time a month (Usually plus heart to heart) for around 100 - 150 HK$ a month. Thats 10-15 Euro. Even though you pay to receive calls, its not worth getting a home phone. Also IDD calls are extremely cheap and can be accessed from your mobile. My recomendation is go for the 12 month contract.

You may need a fixed line if you intend to send or receive faxes or want to subscribe to cheap IDD calls. Broadband subscriptions may require a land line number too.

for short term 7 eleven has prepaid cards i had a sunday card for $68 and it had 388 minutes and sms international $2 each.

for long term its more economical to go on a plan. ive gone on peoples network for $50 per month which gives 550 minutes local per month, $1.50 sms international, 20 minutes international per month. can disconnect at anytime and over 550 minutes is only $0.02 per minute.