Like Tree10Likes

Samsung customer service SUCKS!

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Samsung customer service SUCKS!

So - some of you might have noticed the thread I posted yesterday asking if anyone knew how to get my Software Update disclaimer in English, rather than in Chinese. Other than some "geoexpat helpful" style comments, no joy.

So I carefully filled in all the details on the Samsung customer support website, clearly outlining that all my Language settings etc were set to English and sent it off.

They sent me an email this afternoon telling me to set my Language settings to English.

Real helpful.

I tried replying to the email, but it bounced - no, instead of continuing a conversation you have to go back to square one and fill in all the forms again. But they did helpfully provide a phone number.

So I rang up. Explained the problem. "Set the Language Settings to English". YES I DID THAT... THIS IS WHY I AM F'ING RINGING UP!

"Oh right can you take a screenshot of the update message in CHinese?" Not sure entirely why this will help, but I did, and then she said to email it to them. I asked for the email address. "Oh we can't give you the email address you have to go online and select "contact us" (for which there is no ability to attach anything).

Bunch of dickwits.

Does ANYONE know if there are any "hidden" language settings somewhere in the Galaxy Note? Clearly that's the reason - somewhere on the machine there is some tick in a little box making it think it's still in China. Somewhere. But it's not the obvious "Settings" and "Language and Input" menus. ANYONE?

I googled and can't find anyone with this problem - probably because the search criteria for google are too wide and a bunch of crap comes up unrelated to my question (like "how do I send a message in Chinese".

dear giant likes this.

my company spent 1 year dealing with a high end 55" samsung tv (US$4000) in malaysia that had problems which they could not resolve, worse thing that they were not helpful at all

try going to their cs in the one, impressive cs centre, every seat had a samsung s2, tab 7 or note!

My my, someone is in a seriously ranty mood today (based on a few other posts you have also made).

First things first. Calm down. Deep breathes also help.

XDA Developers is an excellent source for this sort of stuff.

However, health warning - it is HIGHLY geeky. I suggest you DO NOT post there, just read and observe. If you post you WILL get flamed like you have never been flamed before.

Is that a website?

EDIT - yes, and I found it.

Last edited by MovingIn07; 12-03-2013 at 05:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MovingIn07:
    Is that a website?
    Yes, and a forum.

I see what you mean about it being hard to understand. No luck yet in anyone with this particular problem ( which probably only affects English-only speakers buying phones in Hong Kong!).

You are bothered by the language of the software update disclaimer (the page that nobody reads and you click 'I agree')? I thought you were a business owner, Im surprised by the amount of free time you have to waste.

Quote Originally Posted by bdw:
    You are bothered by the language of the software update disclaimer (the page that nobody reads and you click 'I agree')? I thought you were a business owner, Im surprised by the amount of free time you have to waste.
    No - I couldn't give a toss what the disclaimer says. I'm bothered that I can't find out how to change what is probably a simple setting. And next time, it might be an important announcement that I need to read!

can we see the screenshot?

Sent from my GT-N7000 using GeoClicks Mobile

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast