Like Tree6Likes

Best mobile hands free for a car?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Best mobile hands free for a car?

Hi, my old car used to have bluetooth handsfree integrated into the car's software system for my mobile phone - i.e. it automatically connected my phone when I got in the car, synched my address book into the display system, I could make and receive calls through the car's control panel, and talk via speakers (i.e. without an earpiece).

My new car doesn't have such software so I'm looking for the next best thing. Is there something that I can plug into the car (e.g. through the cigarette lighter or USB port) which will allow me to talk hands free and ear piece free. I have had those ear piece hands free things before and I hate them.

Is this possible? If not, can anyone recommend the next best thing?

I'm a bit technologically inept so excuse me if I'm not clear in my descriptions of things.

The best is to drive and not talk on the phone at the same time. Hands free or not

Stoob likes this.

Some of the van drivers use these. $100. Use the car lighter to charge it and a male to male cable for the audio....around $10

Last edited by INXS; 25-07-2013 at 10:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Liquorice:
    Hi, my old car used to have bluetooth handsfree integrated into the car's software system for my mobile phone - i.e. it automatically connected my phone when I got in the car, synched my address book into the display system, I could make and receive calls through the car's control panel, and talk via speakers (i.e. without an earpiece).

My new car doesn't have such software so I'm looking for the next best thing. Is there something that I can plug into the car (e.g. through the cigarette lighter or USB port) which will allow me to talk hands free and ear piece free. I have had those ear piece hands free things before and I hate them.

Is this possible? If not, can anyone recommend the next best thing?

I'm a bit technologically inept so excuse me if I'm not clear in my descriptions of things.
    what car and age of this car do you have?

I have this which is also used a lot by taxi drivers, less than $200 and plugs into the car lighter.

http://www.gasgoo.com/showroom/chath...s/1148094.html

I also have this, clip on rear view mirror with built in bluetooth hands free speaker and also shows who is calling, this cost around HK$500

http://www.diytrade.com/china/pd/484...ew_Mirror.html

Liquorice likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by imparanoic:
    what car and age of this car do you have?
    First was Volvo V60 2011. This one Nissan Elgrand 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by Liquorice:
    First was Volvo V60 2011. This one Nissan Elgrand 2013.
    You must be mistaken? I'd be shocked if it doesn't have bluetooth...

Quote Originally Posted by dumbdonkey:
    The best is to drive and not talk on the phone at the same time. Hands free or not
    Not much difference to talking to another passenger if it's integrated into the car's software & console. Just press ok to answer, exit to end. Very little distraction from the road.

Quote Originally Posted by INXS:

Some of the van drivers use these. $100. Use the car lighter to charge it and a male to male cable for the audio....around $10

Thanks. Is this ear piece free? Any idea what it's called / where to buy?

Quote Originally Posted by INXS:
    You must be mistaken? I'd be shocked if it doesn't have bluetooth...
    Doesn't. Only got it a week ago. I asked how to connect my phone and the guy who was showing me all the bits and pieces on the car said it didn't have bluetooth phone connection / couldn't connect my phone. I also checked the manual afterwards and cannot find anything about bluetooth or phone connections. I had assumed it would too.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast