View Poll Results: "IF" you were to get a new phone within the next 6 months, what will it be.

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • LG G2

0 0%
  • Note 3

0 0%
  • Nexus 5

2 28.57%
  • Z1

1 14.29%
  • Nokia 1020

0 0%
  • iPhone 5S/5S

4 57.14%
  • S5 - release is pretty guaranteed around spring 2014

0 0%
  • Blackberry A10 - rumor at time of post

0 0%
  • HTC One Max

0 0%
Like Tree14Likes

Whats your next phone?

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Imo, the tech has started to plateau, it's slowing down now. Consumers have been spoilt with what's been released in recent years, so any small upgrade is deemed as 'desperate' by the manufacturer. All well and good putting a super duper processor in the latest smartphone, but until the day mobile batteries can actually keep up with the tech, I'm going to take a step back.

I have a colleague, he's a total smartphone freak, since the beginning of the year he's on his 4th phone and already planning on the next. Iphone5 > Note2LTE > Xiaomi2 > HTC Butterfly.

I am very happy with my Note2, yes, even coming from my background. The only gripe I have with it is it likes to eat my SD cards, so I've given up on using one. That means I have less storage and have to do more maintenance like transfer photos often to my macbook.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using GeoClicks mobile app

there is definitely issues with this thread, disappearing messages

Got my S3 around year ago and I see no reason to upgrade to S4 or the Note 3 (or any iphone)
    problem is that they keep releasing the next models too soon (within a year?) with just minor updates.

shri likes this.

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal
    Quote Originally Posted by Proplus:
    Imo, the tech has started to plateau, it's slowing down now. Consumers have been spoilt with what's been released in recent years, so any small upgrade is deemed as 'desperate' by the manufacturer.
    Minor tweaks, such as a slightly better camera or an added way to share the minutiae of your life with those who care*, only serve those with more money than sense. Essentially, there is nothing 'new' about these models.

* No one does.
    MovingIn07 likes this.

well, not exactly small upgrades on the current flagships, but it really depends how you use your phone, if as standard a to b phone, occasional surf the net, social based gaming, a few snaps, then you won't notice much difference.

But it you use your phone for other means, ie, media player for hd ( or even full hd) films plugged to your TV controlled by your TV, or with a Bluetooth mouse/keyboard as an alternative to your computer, then the increments in progress and performance within 12 months is immense, ie, last year flagship galaxy note 2 to almost three times as slow than note 3 ( benchmark antutu) almost to point that they are reaching performance of 2-3 year old i5 intel computer (with non gaming card, benchmark comparison Samsung hybrid active-q and snapdragon 800 on antutu ) or ps3/xbox 360

Quote Originally Posted by Proplus:
    . . . until the day mobile batteries can actually keep up with the tech, I'm going to take a step back.
    Game, set, match Proplus.

Interesting how technology grows unevenly like a teenager's body. For the longest time, CPU manufacturers couldn't improve chips fast enough to keep up with resource-hogging programs (talking computers here). Then bandwidth became the bottle neck. Now the Holy Grail of the next jump in technology is battery life.

gotta agree with imparanoic on that one. if your a power user the cpu,ram,etc of a phone is very important. I do feel now the problem is that phones are chasing apps. For example over the years minor social apps are requiring more performance. Facebook would run smoothly on any phone with 256 MB of ram and 800 MHz back in 2010 or 2009 but now even on my bro's Xperia S which has 1 GB ram and a dual core 1.5 Ghz cpu, it gets all laggy. I'm just happy it still works fast on my s3.

Quote Originally Posted by CJ95ZZ:
    gotta agree with imparanoic on that one. if your a power user the cpu,ram,etc of a phone is very important. I do feel now the problem is that phones are chasing apps. For example over the years minor social apps are requiring more performance. Facebook would run smoothly on any phone with 256 MB of ram and 800 MHz back in 2010 or 2009 but now even on my bro's Xperia S which has 1 GB ram and a dual core 1.5 Ghz cpu, it gets all laggy. I'm just happy it still works fast on my s3.
    facebook official app is crap on android, really bad at hogging the memory and cpu (seems to doing a lot of monitor/feedback for marketing purposes), better if you delete the official facebook app, download (though there is a small charge) a third party app ( which don't do marketing monitor crap) and the performance significantly improves.

at least try the facebook lite one to see before buying

Which app?

Quote Originally Posted by jgl:
    Which app?
    facebook android app,

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast