Like Tree19Likes

Sub $2000 smart phone recommendation

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6

As I said. Each to their own. If you want to buy a Honkmi Xiaomi thingy then go nuts. I myself prefer to stick with what I know and what I like. If I had a choice to drive around in a Merc or a Lada, I will go for the merc. A choice between a pint of Guinness or some local brew at half the price, I would go for the Guinness even if it does do the same thing in the end of the day.

Now they've updated iOS, the only thing that really sucks about the iPhone is being locked into iTunes. If it was a true plug and play device it would be my weapon of choice. And it needs a bigger screen for my poor old eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Trance Omega:
    As I said. Each to their own. If you want to buy a Honkmi Xiaomi thingy then go nuts. I myself prefer to stick with what I know and what I like. If I had a choice to drive around in a Merc or a Lada, I will go for the merc. A choice between a pint of Guinness or some local brew at half the price, I would go for the Guinness even if it does do the same thing in the end of the day.

with that analogy, why go for a Panasonic camera GX5 rather than leica camera at 4 times price and probably twice the build quality

surely, the xiaomi hongmi is more like kia cee'd ( apparently even awarding winning according to top gear), while iphone 5s is closer to 2nd gen 2.0 litre merc a/b class, while sony xperia z1 compact is closer to audi s3 ( according to gsmarena recent review). LG g2 is like a gm/Vauxhall astra vxr

a lada would be like a micromax canvas turbo ( horrible indian made phone brand)
    Last edited by imparanoic; 11-02-2014 at 02:21 PM.

I have both Samsung and Apple. Putting screen size aside, I liked iOS' user interface much better, but the battery life is ridiculous. Holding onto the iphone numbs my hand immensely. Holding Samsung phone numbs my hand less. Solely for health reason, Samsung did a better job.

Quote Originally Posted by imparanoic:
    with that analogy, why go for a Panasonic camera GX5 rather than leica camera at 4 times price and probably twice the build quality
    Not quite a good comparison as I didnt have a camera before I got the GX7 and went off a recommendation from a friend who is a keen photographer. Where as with cell phones I have been using them since the 80s and know what I like and am comfortable with.

Quote Originally Posted by Creative83:
    I have both Samsung and Apple. Putting screen size aside, I liked iOS' user interface much better, but the battery life is ridiculous. Holding onto the iphone numbs my hand immensely. Holding Samsung phone numbs my hand less. Solely for health reason, Samsung did a better job.
    First I have heard of a phone being a health hazard just from holding it. Dont you have a pocket?

Quote Originally Posted by Trance Omega:
    Not quite a good comparison as I didnt have a camera before I got the GX7 and went off a recommendation from a friend who is a keen photographer. Where as with cell phones I have been using them since the 80s and know what I like and am comfortable with.
    I have no idea how mobiles from the 80s and 90s have anything to do with todays smartphones. There are very funny circuits in that brain of yours. I guess that's why you can't see the difference between cheap and reliable vs cheap and crap. A Toyota has little to do with a Lada and can be far more reliable than a Merc at a much lower price.

My point was that I have had phones for years and through its evolution of what they are today which means I am used to them and know what I want. Where as the camera quote wasnt a fair comparison as I never had one before getting the Panasonic last month. Nothing wrong with my circuits thank you.

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6