Nokia Android, eh?

Nokia Android, eh?

Its true!!!

Although will be an android fork (like the Amazon Kindle range) and won't include any Google services (like the Google Play store):

http://bgr.com/2014/02/24/nokia-x-no...-release-date/

Nokia’s first Android handset, . . . although they’re not the regular Android devices users would expect. Instead, we’re looking at a forked Android operating system here, which lacks certain parts, and visually resembles Windows Phone.
    . . . Why the hell would someone want to buy an Android phone that visually resembles a Window Phone when the world has already decided it doesn't want to buy Windows Phones?!!

That's like eating bacon that's been doctored to taste like spinach. Why do that when you can just each spinach if you want spinach. Or eat bacon if you want bacon.

Fail.........

Sent from my GT-N7100 using GeoClicks mobile app

Stephen Elop says Nokia's new Android phone is good for Microsoft.

Sure, Mr Elop. Whatever you say.

During the 3 years Elop was Nokia CEO, Nokia revenues fell 40%, Nokia profits fell 95%, Nokia market share collapsed in smartphones from 34% to 3.4%, Nokia's credit rating went from A to junk, Nokia's share price dropped 60% in value and Nokia's market capitalization lost 13 Billion dollars in value. The Financial Times calculated that Nokia shareholders ended up paying Elop a bonus of 1 million Euros for every 1.5 billion in market capital that Elop was able to destroy while Nokia CEO.
    From ft.com

I thought this thread, started three years ago, on Microsoft and Nokia joining forces would be interesting to revisit in light of the Nokia Android phone announcement.

u can't use android market, it's a pseudo-android phone with probably the worst of both worlds

Well, Sammy has TouchWiz and HTC has Sense (or lack of)... so Nokia has it's own skin on top of Android. I think Nokia's hardware prowess can do Android good. Let's just hope Nokia's software skills won't kill them again!

Quote Originally Posted by huja:
    Stephen Elop says Nokia's new Android phone is good for Microsoft.

Sure, Mr Elop. Whatever you say.

From ft.com

Elop sucks. I don't even know what he's still doing on top of the tech world.

Android without the Play Store? Erm, yeah, sounds great