Like Tree5Likes

which phone could potential be your next upgrade? MWC expo, s5, g pro 2, z2, x

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by imparanoic:
    it's called the z1 compact, seems potential big seller
    The z1 compact is the mini version of the z1. I'm waiting for the announcement of the z2 compact, i.e. the mini of the z2 (mind you don't even know if they will make this, but if they do, would be very tempted).

Sometimes I really miss my 3310. It was small, battery lasted for a week or more and you could drop it or kick it around and it still worked. It also fitted into my pocket instead of having to carry a backpack around to carry it.

I mean look how dumb it is to answer a phone call on one of these.

Last edited by Trance Omega; 25-02-2014 at 11:14 AM.

The Nokia 2010 is still the most robust phone I have ever had. But all Nokia dumbphones were/are pretty good in that respect - I stll have one as backup.

Original Post Deleted
    The Sony Z1 compact seems to fit your requirements, especially with it's 20mp camera.
    imparanoic likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Trance Omega:
    Sometimes I really miss my 3310. It was small, battery lasted for a week or more and you could drop it or kick it around and it still worked. It also fitted into my pocket instead of having to carry a backpack around to carry it.
    One of my old Nokia phones that I keep in a box of old phone collections, the alarm started ringing last week, at 1st I was like WTF is that ringing sound and where is it coming from, finally found it was an old Nokia phone that I had not used in like over 7 years, somehow it still had battery life, turned it on and it was still working.

my latest nexus 5 doesnt even last 1/2 a day

The advancement of technology.....

Z2, M8, or - quite possibly - stick with my One for a while longer... I think we've hit a bit of a plateau in phones, sizes, specs, battery, etc. and I'm starting to feel a lot less of a need for regular upgrades.

Quote Originally Posted by vmlinuz:
    Z2, M8, or - quite possibly - stick with my One for a while longer... I think we've hit a bit of a plateau in phones, sizes, specs, battery, etc. and I'm starting to feel a lot less of a need for regular upgrades.
    you are probably right, any increments of improvement are simply not as big as 12months (2 folds increase) or 24 months (4 folds increase) ago in performance and features, snapdragon 800, exynos oct, a7 and tegra k1 are the pinnacle of mobile

I still have a working Nokia 5140 in a drawer somewhere, compass, torch, sound meter... what more could you need in a phone?

As for smart phones, I'm waiting for a step change in tech. Currently have an S3 so not looking to change until S6 time, saying that I will likely not choose Samsung.

Quote Originally Posted by Stoob:
    I still have a working Nokia 5140 in a drawer somewhere, compass, torch, sound meter... what more could you need in a phone?

As for smart phones, I'm waiting for a step change in tech. Currently have an S3 so not looking to change until S6 time, saying that I will likely not choose Samsung.
    Would be glad to see a return to the 24 month cycle rather than this crazy 12 (or even 6 month in some cases) cycle we presently have. Of course, naturally no-one is asking me to upgrade every x amounts of months, I'm doing it out of my own choice (and probably vanity).

In the Samsung world, I don't really see any need to change from an S3 to an S4, let alone to an S5. If, however you are on an S2, may be time to move up to an S5.